Removing date/time stamp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-11-2011, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I'm an absolute newbie with tapeless cameras but I generally find my way around things. So there has to be something I'm not doing right but just can't find it anywhere. While most posts here talk about trying to add the date/time stamp to a video, I can't seem to be able to remove it off mine...

My camera is an HDC-TM700P. I filmed a few shots here and there (in 1080/60P). Now when I look at my footage on the camera LCD screen, it doesn't show the date/time stamp. When I plug the camera straight to TV (through the component cable), the date/time stamp is also not shown. But when I make a DVD copy of my footage through the software (HD Writer AE 2.1), the date/time stamp shows and stays through the whole scene. Because of this, I would say that it's a feature in the software I need to turn off but didn't see anything in the software manual that mentioned it...

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-03-2011, 11:24 AM

did you find the answer? I just bought a tm900, I have the same issue of could not find a way to remove the date stemp when play back via the unit. If I play back on the computer using the files copied from the camcorder to PC's HDD, the date stamp would not show there.

If you know the answer, could you please to let me know?

Thanks!
post #3 of 4 Old 06-03-2011, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Hi kexicao,

Yes, I did find the answer. After trying just about everything under the sun, I called Panasonic and they had never heard of that problem before. We Tried many more things and I finally had to send the camera to them. I added a sample DVD of my problem in my package. They called me back saying that the DVD was playing just fine... I tried playing another one again at home, and the problem was still there. I should have done that before but I carefully looked at the DVD player remote control and found the button that said "subtittles". By default, it was on, so I turned it off and the date stamp was gone! I tried my second DVD player and the subtittles were on there too. Turned it off: problem gone!

I really hated myself for missing that and spending so much time on something this stupid. But Panasonic sent it back to me at no charge so it's all good now!

Hope this helps you!
post #4 of 4 Old 06-03-2011, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by poil_666 View Post

After trying just about everything under the sun, I called Panasonic and they had never heard of that problem before.

Because people that have any real knowledge about their product work in R&D, not in product support. This "support" is only good for exchanging non-working stuff.

Glad you found your info. Watch this too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ7CoiHeg38

Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page