Suggestions For A Camcorder with mic input - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-22-2011, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys

I am chasing a Full HD video camera that i can attach an external mic. Looking to spend between $500 and $1000.

I will be using the camera for personal use and also recording some interviews and small seminars that i hold which is why i want the mic input - to attach a radio lapel mic.

I would prefer a Canon as I already use a Canon for my stills with SD cards. Its not critical but find Canon to have great lenses and fast processors and Im just used to the navigation... im open to suggestions though.

So far I can only find a Canon HF 200 for $700

Any help would be fantastic - thanks in advance

Cheers,
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-22-2011, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassriver View Post

Hi guys

I am chasing a Full HD video camera that i can attach an external mic. Looking to spend between $500 and $1000.

I will be using the camera for personal use and also recording some interviews and small seminars that i hold which is why i want the mic input - to attach a radio lapel mic.

I would prefer a Canon as I already use a Canon for my stills with SD cards. Its not critical but find Canon to have great lenses and fast processors and Im just used to the navigation... im open to suggestions though.

So far I can only find a Canon HF 200 for $700

Any help would be fantastic - thanks in advance

Cheers,
Matt

I plan to get a mic for my Sony XR550 to video family conversation during parties with carcorder far away. I found out Sony ECM-HW2 enables you to capture the subject's and the camera operator's voices from up to 300 feet. Sony ECM-HW2 uses Sony's active interface shoe. So it will not work on my Panasonic TM700 or a canon camcorder.

Canon sells one, but does not allow you to record camera operator's voice if mic is far away.

sony
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Wireless.html

canon mic
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...icrophone.html
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page