Panasonic TM900 vs TM90 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 164 Old 08-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Member
 
jimmy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasberg View Post


I love the size and 26X optical with 40x intelligent zoom and 28mm wide on the TM90. The only down side I see so far is the stupid 41.5mm filter and the knock off battery selection is not that great.

I'm confused on this optical zoom. Some review sites say 26mm while others say 21mm. It would be nice if the lcd screen gave us a readout at what mm zoom the lens was at, like in dslr camera. Does the 700 or 900 do this?

The TM90 is a great little camera. At the 40x zoom, the image is still razor sharp and image stabilization works great.
jimmy007 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 164 Old 08-05-2011, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ronomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy007 View Post

I'm confused on this optical zoom. Some review sites say 26mm while others say 21mm. It would be nice if the lcd screen gave us a readout at what mm zoom the lens was at, like in dslr camera. Does the 700 or 900 do this?

The TM90 is a great little camera. At the 40x zoom, the image is still razor sharp and image stabilization works great.

The manual says it 26x optical and 40x using the extra resolution on the chip. You still get full resolution even at 40x. If you shut off intelligent zoom you will see where the stop point is and even with it turned on the bar graph changes color when intelligent zoom kicks in.
Ronomy is offline  
post #93 of 164 Old 08-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Member
 
Unlikely Suspect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Huntley View Post

You could always go for the SD800 or SDT 750?

Now you are just going to confuse him, just like I just can't make up my mind about SD800 vs. SD90

The SD90 is so extremely tempting with its wider angle lens and longer zoom, as well as being significantly cheaper. And still apparently having good quality in both bright and low light.

The SD800 is extremely tempting with its top notch quality in good light, and excellent low light performance. But it's significantly more expensive, and doesn't have things like an external mic input. Also, that fan noise thing...

Does anyone remember the battery life of these cameras, by the way? I'm pretty sure it was compared directly in some other thread, but I can't seem to find it.
Unlikely Suspect is offline  
post #94 of 164 Old 08-05-2011, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Paulo Teixeira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I wouldn't say the SD800 is significantly more although it just went to $649. You could have gotten it for $600 a few days ago and it wasn't that long ago that you could have gotten it for $505 although the $505 deal was only with a code. It was originally $850.
Paulo Teixeira is offline  
post #95 of 164 Old 08-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Newbie
 
--b--'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey guys

just a quick update

after much back and fourth between the different models i finally settled on the SD900. i managed to get it for about $220 more than the SD90 and so thought that the difference in $$ was worth it.. although i must admit things like the wider angle and extra zoom really had me tempted to go the SD90

i sent my order off yesterday and hopefully it'll arrive in 2-3 days. cant wait!
--b-- is offline  
post #96 of 164 Old 08-07-2011, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ronomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by --b-- View Post

hey guys

just a quick update

after much back and fourth between the different models i finally settled on the SD900. i managed to get it for about $220 more than the SD90 and so thought that the difference in $$ was worth it.. although i must admit things like the wider angle and extra zoom really had me tempted to go the SD90

i sent my order off yesterday and hopefully it'll arrive in 2-3 days. cant wait!

Luke! Luke! Come over to the dark side! Luke! LOL So you were swayed by lord 3MOS?

Enjoy the new Toy! Don't forget you'll need extra battery, charger and flash cards! Where did you find an SD900 for $620? That's a good price for that model.

How can you tell the difference between the NTSC and the PAL camcorders? All my searching for SD900 points me to UK websites with PAL camcorders.
Ronomy is offline  
post #97 of 164 Old 08-07-2011, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ronomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy007 View Post

I'm confused on this optical zoom. Some review sites say 26mm while others say 21mm. It would be nice if the lcd screen gave us a readout at what mm zoom the lens was at, like in dslr camera. Does the 700 or 900 do this?

The TM90 is a great little camera. At the 40x zoom, the image is still razor sharp and image stabilization works great.

looking at the specs for the TM90 the lens has a 21x range but optically along with the chip size and distance from the lens we get 26x zoom range which makes the range 28mm to 729mm. Well here is the kicker! 40x izoom means we zoom out to 1120mm. 28mm - 1120mm zoom range! LOL I still cant get over how sharp it is at the equivalent of 1120mm.
Ronomy is offline  
post #98 of 164 Old 08-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Newbie
 
--b--'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronomy View Post

Luke! Luke! Come over to the dark side! Luke! LOL So you were swayed by lord 3MOS?

lol. yep i think it probably was the differrence. im just the kind of person who wants to get the best thing on offer at the time so i couldnt help but splash out a little more for the better model.

that said, im sure i would have been just as happy with the SD90 too

Quote:


Enjoy the new Toy! Don't forget you'll need extra battery, charger and flash cards! Where did you find an SD900 for $620? That's a good price for that model.[

yep, im pretty excited to have a play with it! defo looking for a spare battery and a charger too i think. they are pretty damned expensive though.. do youknow if the copy-cats are around for this model?

im in australia so i didnt get it that cheap unfortunately

i paid $752 from an online retailer called eglobal.. they are 'grey' imports

the SD90 is about 520-530 here so i just made a simple guestimate on the difference

Quote:


How can you tell the difference between the NTSC and the PAL camcorders? All my searching for SD900 points me to UK websites with PAL camcorders.

here in aust we use PAL so its not a problem for me. im not sure how you tell the difference other than looking at the specs and the 60p / 50p difference.
--b-- is offline  
post #99 of 164 Old 08-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Senior Member
 
havasuvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by --b-- View Post

lol. yep i think it probably was the differrence. im just the kind of person who wants to get the best thing on offer at the time so i couldnt help but splash out a little more for the better model.

that said, im sure i would have been just as happy with the SD90 too



yep, im pretty excited to have a play with it! defo looking for a spare battery and a charger too i think. they are pretty damned expensive though.. do youknow if the copy-cats are around for this model?

im in australia so i didnt get it that cheap unfortunately

i paid $752 from an online retailer called eglobal.. they are 'grey' imports

the SD90 is about 520-530 here so i just made a simple guestimate on the difference



here in aust we use PAL so its not a problem for me. im not sure how you tell the difference other than looking at the specs and the 60p / 50p difference.

ya might wanna check the reseller ratings on where you just bought your camera; http://www.resellerratings.com/search/eglobal

Also, the reason the SD90 has a wider angle lens, and more zoom, is strictly due to the size of the cmos chip. in the 3mos camera's, their surface area is a bit larger, so it's tough to make a wider angle lens with super zoom-just.
but, what matters is what the footage looks like, when your looking at it, with whatever method you're using to view it.
for you tube, SD90 is way over kill. it's a great camera, as are the 3mos camera's.
I doubt anyone could see any difference between the two, outdoors.
Um, you're probably gonna get a phone call from your "reseller" on Monday, asking if you wanted a battery with your camera-that's an extra $50, etc.
if i were you, I would cancel the order, and order from a reputable online retailer. use the reseller ratings website to check the ratings before you buy.
havasuvideo is offline  
post #100 of 164 Old 08-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Newbie
 
--b--'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasuvideo View Post

ya might wanna check the reseller ratings on where you just bought your camera; http://www.resellerratings.com/search/eglobal

Also, the reason the SD90 has a wider angle lens, and more zoom, is strictly due to the size of the cmos chip. in the 3mos camera's, their surface area is a bit larger, so it's tough to make a wider angle lens with super zoom-just.
but, what matters is what the footage looks like, when your looking at it, with whatever method you're using to view it.
for you tube, SD90 is way over kill. it's a great camera, as are the 3mos camera's.

ahh ok. thanks for the tips mate.

i have no doubt that in my amateur opinion both would have been equally as good to lok at. however its a problem i have where if theres a better model in my price range i just have to get it!! lol

Quote:


I doubt anyone could see any difference between the two, outdoors.
Um, you're probably gonna get a phone call from your "reseller" on Monday, asking if you wanted a battery with your camera-that's an extra $50, etc.
if i were you, I would cancel the order, and order from a reputable online retailer. use the reseller ratings website to check the ratings before you buy.

thanks havasuvideo

i did plenty of research on these guys prior to buying. they dont seem to be included on the reseller site however im 100% certain they are reputable and have many many posters in an australian forum giving them a good report. they are affiliated to another site here in australia which also has a good reputation.

ill post here once i recieve it and (hopefully) give them a pat on the back!
--b-- is offline  
post #101 of 164 Old 08-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Senior Member
 
havasuvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
ok-just didn't want you to get burned.
i've got the SD800, and so far I love it. I had a Tm700, and returned it for the "bondi blue" sky issue, along with drifting white balance, and the sound was always out of sink.
I thought the EVF was junk/useless.
that's why I got the SD800. don't need the EVF-and don't have to worry about a hard-drive failure. the bondi blue sky issue is mostly gone-but I still have to manually color correct the white balance in post. but that takes like 2 seconds-done. while the TM700 was a nightmare to correct in post-almost impossible.

you're really gonna like the 900. there is just something about the saturation and smoothness of 3mos that works well for my situation.
however, i almost bought the SD90 based on the price. but, i got a smoking deal on the SD800-so I'll keep it for a few months, til my project is finished, then sell it.

waiting for 120 frames per second-coming next year to a camera near you.
havasuvideo is offline  
post #102 of 164 Old 08-07-2011, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Paulo Teixeira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasuvideo View Post

Also, the reason the SD90 has a wider angle lens, and more zoom, is strictly due to the size of the cmos chip. in the 3mos camera's, their surface area is a bit larger, so it's tough to make a wider angle lens with super zoom-just.

The lens of the 3MOS camcorders goes to f/1.5 verses f/1.8 of 1MOS series camcorders so it might have been more expensive to produce a 28mm lens and still have an Aperture that can go to f/1.5. Perhaps Panasonic will do that for next year's models.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see 720 120p camcorders next year although theirs always the Scarlet which can do 3K at 120 frames per second. Hopefully that will get released soon.
Paulo Teixeira is offline  
post #103 of 164 Old 08-07-2011, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ronomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by --b-- View Post

lol. yep i think it probably was the differrence. im just the kind of person who wants to get the best thing on offer at the time so i couldnt help but splash out a little more for the better model.

that said, im sure i would have been just as happy with the SD90 too



yep, im pretty excited to have a play with it! defo looking for a spare battery and a charger too i think. they are pretty damned expensive though.. do youknow if the copy-cats are around for this model?

im in australia so i didnt get it that cheap unfortunately

i paid $752 from an online retailer called eglobal.. they are 'grey' imports

the SD90 is about 520-530 here so i just made a simple guestimate on the difference



here in aust we use PAL so its not a problem for me. im not sure how you tell the difference other than looking at the specs and the 60p / 50p difference.

Not only the dark side but from down under?

I loved visiting Australia in the mid 90's for work in Sydney. I want to go back again some day.

Careful with the grey market purchase. Just last week I tried purchasing a DSLR camera and the two places I tried wanted to talk me into accessories. The camera comes without the rest of the stuff in the retail box so you have to buy the charger and battery separate. They wanted a fortune for the rest of the accessories. Two places I tried...same thing happened. I finally smartened up and went with an approved dealer and got a better deal with the kit they offered instead. You will probably get that call very soon...a wake up call.

Good luck!

Ron
Ronomy is offline  
post #104 of 164 Old 08-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Newbie
 
--b--'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronomy View Post

Not only the dark side but from down under?

I loved visiting Australia in the mid 90's for work in Sydney. I want to go back again some day.

Careful with the grey market purchase. Just last week I tried purchasing a DSLR camera and the two places I tried wanted to talk me into accessories. The camera comes without the rest of the stuff in the retail box so you have to buy the charger and battery separate. They wanted a fortune for the rest of the accessories. Two places I tried...same thing happened. I finally smartened up and went with an approved dealer and got a better deal with the kit they offered instead. You will probably get that call very soon...a wake up call.

Good luck!

haha.. thanks for the advice Ron! i think ill be fine though. i did a lot of research before purchasing and these guys come with a good reputation. a forum here in australia has a 100+ post thread on them and the overwhelming response is that they are good to deal with and offer no nasty surprises.

the only other grey market product ive bought was a nikon DSLR which also came 100% legit so im hoping i have the same experience this time!

ill be sure to let you guys know though!
--b-- is offline  
post #105 of 164 Old 08-09-2011, 06:44 AM
Member
 
lucasberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: So-cal , OC
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Camera Ace sent me a message saying he will be shipping me a replacement 41.5mm step ring on Friday. He says he is confident it will fit perfectly.
lucasberg is offline  
post #106 of 164 Old 08-09-2011, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ronomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasberg View Post

Camera Ace sent me a message saying he will be shipping me a replacement 41.5mm step ring on Friday. He says he is confident it will fit perfectly.

Same email I got! Looking forward to a ring that will not fall off like the one I have now. Will post back on how it works next week.
Ronomy is offline  
post #107 of 164 Old 08-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Newbie
 
roblox84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey I lost this thread for a while. Mines shipping out friday as well. But he is shipping a 52 and a 58mm? I posted this somewhere else as well but wanted to see what you guy's think. If i'm going to use a polarizer, should I buy a 52mm or a 58mm one? I would like the 6 mm difference but how bad to you think vignetting would be? I'm leaving for vacation next week so there would be no time to exchange it. Or do you think I should just go for the 58mm polarizer?
roblox84 is offline  
post #108 of 164 Old 08-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Member
 
Unlikely Suspect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is it true that the video quality on the TM90/SD90 is worse in the 60p/50p mode than in the mode where you do 50i/60i or 25p/30p (bitrate of 28 (60p) vs. 17 (30p) or so)?

And does the same go for the SD900/TM900?
Unlikely Suspect is offline  
post #109 of 164 Old 08-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Senior Member
 
havasuvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlikely Suspect View Post

Is it true that the video quality on the TM90/SD90 is worse in the 60p/50p mode than in the mode where you do 50i/60i or 25p/30p (bitrate of 28 (60p) vs. 17 (30p) or so)?

And does the same go for the SD900/TM900?

No, it is not true. In HA/HG, 30P mode, the video quality is noticeable degraded.
I would only use it if I had to save some space on the card/hard-drive, and only with very good lighting.
I tried it indoors, and it sucked-hard.
havasuvideo is offline  
post #110 of 164 Old 08-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Member
 
Unlikely Suspect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the info, havasuvideo.

I wonder why TrustedReviews would claim the quality to be better in 1080i mode than in 1080p:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9u41wbNY1M
Unlikely Suspect is offline  
post #111 of 164 Old 08-09-2011, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ronomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlikely Suspect View Post

Thanks for the info, havasuvideo.

I wonder why TrustedReviews would claim the quality to be better in 1080i mode than in 1080p:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9u41wbNY1M

That is wierd! 1080i can still look good if you have a good deinterlacer but I still found pans sharper in 60p. On lesser TVs the delinterlacing artifacts popup even more and I don't see how they can say its better.

Even still images in 60p were tested higher res on camcorderinfo.com

I thought 60p converted to 30p using Panasonic software HD writer 3.0. It looked very good...sharper...actually just as sharp as 60p. It looked better than I got rendering in Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 to 30p. Playing via my PC so copied to disk and then on my TV may not look as good. I still feel 60p is the best way to store your files. No conversion required to progressive so it should look the best that any TV can produce.
Ronomy is offline  
post #112 of 164 Old 08-09-2011, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ungermann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 3,787
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasuvideo View Post

No, it is not true. In HA/HG, 30P mode, the video quality is noticeable degraded. I would only use it if I had to save some space on the card/hard-drive, and only with very good lighting.
I tried it indoors, and it sucked-hard.

From what I've seen on YouTube, 30p is crap. It is 28 Mbit/s, but it is intraframe, so 28 Mbit/s is barely enough. And it is 960x540, nowhere near HD. This mode was "invented" (for the lack of a better derogatory word) by Apple for users of iMovie, because iMovie has (or had at that time) issues with AVCHD. And because YouTube has only 480 and 720, it will resize this 540p to either of these, further softening it.
Ungermann is offline  
post #113 of 164 Old 08-09-2011, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Paulo Teixeira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
YouTube also supports 1080p and believe it or not, it also supports resolutions higher than 1080p since Red is becoming so popular.
Paulo Teixeira is offline  
post #114 of 164 Old 08-09-2011, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ungermann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 3,787
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

YouTube also supports 1080p and believe it or not, it also supports resolutions higher than 1080p since Red is becoming so popular.

Some things should be taken in a context. Like "only 480 and 720" in the above message means no 540.
Ungermann is offline  
post #115 of 164 Old 08-09-2011, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ronomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post

From what I've seen on YouTube, 30p is crap. It is 28 Mbit/s, but it is intraframe, so 28 Mbit/s is barely enough. And it is 960x540, nowhere near HD. This mode was "invented" (for the lack of a better derogatory word) by Apple for users of iMovie, because iMovie has (or had at that time) issues with AVCHD. And because YouTube has only 480 and 720, it will resize this 540p to either of these, further softening it.

Just to clear up what I was talking about was AVCHD 1080/30p not iMovie. So still 1080.
Ronomy is offline  
post #116 of 164 Old 08-09-2011, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ungermann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 3,787
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronomy View Post

Just to clear up what I was talking about was AVCHD 1080/30p not iMovie. So still 1080.

There is no AVCHD 1080p30. There is 1080PsF30 at best, and I don't think that the TM90 uses it.
Ungermann is offline  
post #117 of 164 Old 08-09-2011, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ronomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post

There is no AVCHD 1080p30. There is 1080PsF30 at best, and I don't think that the TM90 uses it.

The TM90 camcorder doesn't record in 30p but the software can convert to 1080p/30. I did it and it said AVCHD 30p. I think some Bluray players can handle 30p as well but they output it as 1080i/60. I think some players can output 30p too. What I can tell you is what the software said after i converted it. 1080, 30p at 17mbps. I converted my 1080p/60 mpeg4 file to 30p.

Also DSLR's can record in 1080p/30
Ronomy is offline  
post #118 of 164 Old 08-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Senior Member
 
havasuvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlikely Suspect View Post

Thanks for the info, havasuvideo.

I wonder why TrustedReviews would claim the quality to be better in 1080i mode than in 1080p:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9u41wbNY1M

he claimed it because the script was poorly written and they misinterpreted their own results. in other words-they made a mistake on the script.
i don't trust most of these "talking heads" online reviews. if you want honest reviews, talk to people on a forum like this, that actually own and use the camera.
havasuvideo is offline  
post #119 of 164 Old 08-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Member
 
Alan Tse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

YouTube also supports 1080p and believe it or not, it also supports resolutions higher than 1080p since Red is becoming so popular.

Can anyone who succeeded in posting 1080p60p to youtube post how you did it? I could not do it.
Alan Tse is offline  
post #120 of 164 Old 08-10-2011, 01:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Steve Cebu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,971
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Tse View Post

Can anyone who succeeded in posting 1080p60p to youtube post how you did it? I could not do it.


I have a bunch of videos from my former TM900 posted to YouTube. I just uploded it as normal. I had no problems at all.
Steve Cebu is offline  
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off