Panasonic TM900 vs TM90 - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 164 Old 08-29-2011, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Ronomy
So I just got my TM90 and now need to do something with the video I recorded in 1080/60p. What's the best way to get it onto other media with the highest quality? Should I just install the Panasonic SW and use that to convert to 30p or just leave it at 60p? I had intended to use Vegas like you but you say Panasonic SW is better, yes? I do have the WD Live Player and also the OPPO 93 so since they both playback from USB hard drive maybe I can just put it in a format both of those units would read?

What conversion method would you recommend to send this video to others for HD playback from a Blu-ray and/or DVD disc??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 164 Old 08-30-2011, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyee View Post

Ronomy
So I just got my TM90 and now need to do something with the video I recorded in 1080/60p. What's the best way to get it onto other media with the highest quality? Should I just install the Panasonic SW and use that to convert to 30p or just leave it at 60p? I had intended to use Vegas like you but you say Panasonic SW is better, yes? I do have the WD Live Player and also the OPPO 93 so since they both playback from USB hard drive maybe I can just put it in a format both of those units would read?

What conversion method would you recommend to send this video to others for HD playback from a Blu-ray and/or DVD disc??

I think the oppo will play 1080p/60 files just fine. I have not tinkered enough with HD files in vegas yet. I thought it looked better converting 1080p to 1080I using HD writer playing it back through my Duo VP to my projector. Panning looked better but maybe I just need to figure out the right setttings in Vegas. The HD writer software can use the camcorder to spead up conversion. That may be worth trying.

I don't plan on many conversions. I will keep them in 1080p form.
post #153 of 164 Old 09-05-2011, 12:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just got back from a desert trip and filmed an incredible Praying Mantis eating a bug. Filmed in manual and a Raynox DRC-250 and a led flash light.
Check out 3:25 & 6:29.
Warning foul language !
post #154 of 164 Old 09-05-2011, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi Lucasberg,

What did you use to convert to 720p? Never mind! 720p was the youtube playback setting it defaulted too. Well done video! Shows people how good the TM90 is. I like that lens too. What size step ring are you using?

Ron
post #155 of 164 Old 09-05-2011, 04:02 PM

Liked: 12
I'm using the 41.5 to 46 step ring from the ebay guy then a 46 to 43mm for the macro lens.

For editing a couple of clips I just throw them in Vegas 8 but for longer videos I run them trough Cineform neoscene and edit in vegas 8.

Joey
post #156 of 164 Old 09-05-2011, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasberg View Post

I'm using the 41.5 to 46 step ring from the ebay guy then a 46 to 43mm for the macro lens.

For editing a couple of clips I just throw them in Vegas 8 but for longer videos I run them trough Cineform neoscene and edit in vegas 8.

Joey

Thanks! I have the same step rings! I'll be ordering very soon.

Love this little camera!
post #157 of 164 Old 09-20-2011, 11:15 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronomy View Post

Just get a UV filter. Get the 41.5 to 58mm if you want to avoid vignetting and a cheap $10 UV filter for protection.

So the UV filter should be a 58mm one to fit the step up ring?

Does this fit:
40.5mm to 46mm step Up Filter Ring Stepping Adapter
post #158 of 164 Old 09-20-2011, 11:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Tse View Post

So the UV filter should be a 58mm one to fit the step up ring?

Does this fit:
40.5mm to 46mm step Up Filter Ring Stepping Adapter

Absolutely. You will have no problems whatsoever screwing a 40.5 mm ring to 41.5 mm thread, and then screwing 58 mm filter onto 46 mm thread.
post #159 of 164 Old 09-21-2011, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post

Absolutely. You will have no problems whatsoever screwing a 40.5 mm ring to 41.5 mm thread, and then screwing 58 mm filter onto 46 mm thread.

I think somebody posted that the 40.5mm ring doesn't work.

Just get the 41.5m step rings on Ebay. They work great!
post #160 of 164 Old 09-26-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyee View Post

Ronomy

The highest quality would be 1080p60. Try to play an original unedited file taken from TM90 on both WD Live and OPPO via USB and see if one of them supports it. My Panasonic 3D Blu-Ray player supports it fine via USB.

Another option is to playback directly from TM90. I highly recommend using Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 for editing your footage (you can download a free trial and try it out before purchasing). Once done editing, render your video stream with Sony AVC codec, and your audio stream with AC3 codec. Then run tsMuxer (a free software) to combine both streams into .TS file. Then run multiAVCHD (also a free software) to convert .TS file into AVCHD folder in Panasonic format. Then format a SDHC card in TM90 and replace its AVCHD folder with the one just created. TM90 will play your edited footage from the card. It is especially convenient if you want to show your movie at your friend's house - just bring your TM90 with HDMI cable and connect it to their TV, you will take full advantage of 60p.
post #161 of 164 Old 10-06-2011, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasberg View Post

I just got back from a desert trip and filmed an incredible Praying Mantis eating a bug. Filmed in manual and a Raynox DRC-250 and a led flash light.
Check out 3:25 & 6:29.
Warning foul language !

That's a cool video! I see the Raynox has a 49mm thread size and I see mention of a step up ring needed so the lens fits but can't seem to find the seller mentioned earlier on ebay. Any recommendations?
post #162 of 164 Old 10-07-2011, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scott View Post

That's a cool video! I see the Raynox has a 49mm thread size and I see mention of a step up ring needed so the lens fits but can't seem to find the seller mentioned earlier on ebay. Any recommendations?

That really is a cool video and the dialog is outstanding! TM90 can shoot some nice video and you can get one in the $400 range.

If you look after this post you see i asked what the thread size was. It 43mm. He used a 41.5mm to 46mm back to 43mm rings. I still plan to order this lens.
post #163 of 164 Old 03-26-2012, 03:40 PM

I have both cameras and done split screen comparison and I feel like I am missing something but the TM90 looks better than the TM900. Could this be possible? The TM900 is twice as much and "should" look better. Anyone else test them both?
post #164 of 164 Old 03-26-2012, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrydrew View Post

I have both cameras and done split screen comparison and I feel like I am missing something but the TM90 looks better than the TM900. Could this be possible? The TM900 is twice as much and "should" look better. Anyone else test them both?

I had both too. Video of the TM900 is smoother with more distinct colors and audio much better. TM90 video is a smidgen sharper, but TM900 is plenty sharp. Both the zooming, wide angle capability and image stabilization of the TM90 is better. And TM90 is definately more pocketable. But at the end of the day, I distinctly preferred the TM900 for the ultra smooth video, less pale colors and much superior audio, plus the built in viewfinder make shooting video outdoors on sunny days much easier. The owner reviews at amazon.com suggest the TM90 may tend to develop operational problems after 6-9 months of use and Panasonic offers only a 90 day warranty on labor. The TM900 may be more durable.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page