post #151 of 176 Old 02-20-2012, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbc View Post

Thanks, it was in manual mode last time I used so that could've been it. Weird.

Yes, weird and annoying! I automatically press the auto/manual button whenever I use my TM900. Then press it again to put it back in manual mode, as I exclusively use that mode. Auto mode is too unpredictable.

Go Phillies! Go Eagles! Go Sixers! Go Flyers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 176 Old 03-09-2012, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by unvmy69rs View Post

Hello all. Well after researching forums and the internet I decided to make this post because I cant seem to get the tailored info that I need. I just purchased the Panasonic TM90. I am planning on using the TM90 as my primary camcorder. I will be taking my Canon HR10(720p) out of commission. I bought the Canon HR10 so that I could EASILY remove the mini dvd out of my HR10 and pop it into my Playstation 3 and then be able to choose from a thumbnail menu as to what video I want to watch that was recorded on that mini DVD. So with that being said, I would like to be able to EASILY transfer the(video/thumbnail menu's) from my TM90 to a DVD. I do have a DVD burner in my PC and Im running an Intel dual 1.8Gig cpu, 2 gig RAM and a decent HD video card. Man, I am so behind on technology, I want it to be simple, thats why I went with the HR10 camcorder. I dont need to edit, just transfer the video and thumbnail menus to DVD for now.(By the way Im not ready to invest in Blu Ray recordability just yet). I saw this on Amazon, Its the Sony VRD-MC6 DVD AVCHD recorder, maybe thats what I need? See link: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-VRDMC6-DV.../dp/B002EVP85K Also...... The TM90's manual states "The scenes recorded in 1080/60p cannot be dubbed to a disc with 1080/60p picture quality. They are dubbed after being converted to AVCHD picture quality (As of Jan. 2011)" Yes this is stated on page 113 of the manual. Ok..Now does that mean the video will be converted to AVCHD 1920 X 1080 [1080/60p] picture quality?? Or, will it be converted to AVCHD 1920 X 1080 [HA] picture quality. And Im guessing the HD Writer AE 3.0 will do this conversion before allowing the scenes to be burned to a DVD(or Blu-ray)? Will the Sony VRD-MC6 record the scenes in 1080/60p, hmmm? If 1080/60p is so much better than the [HA] why in the hell can you not dub to a disc. I hope someone can shed some light on all my conundrums, Thanks for any advise...Marc in OKC

Marc,

You put up the exact same post here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1398880 And, you got an answer there.

Generally, most forums consider it impolite to "multi" post a question.

Bill
post #153 of 176 Old 03-09-2012, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

Marc,

You put up the exact same post here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1398880 And, you got an answer there.

Generally, most forums consider it impolite to "multi" post a question.

Bill

Bill, thanks for pointing that out to me twice. Its been deleted from this forum
post #154 of 176 Old 03-13-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey982 View Post

I've browsed their website a little. It appears they have several new models coming out. Does anyone know which model is designed to replace the HDC-TM90?

It's the HC-V700M.
post #155 of 176 Old 03-24-2012, 09:53 AM

I just picked up a TM90 - quite an upgrade from my mini-DV Palmcorder! Has anyone here added a shoulder/neck strap to their TM90 or similar camcorder? If so, what would you recommend?
post #156 of 176 Old 03-24-2012, 11:40 AM

Hi - I have a Nikon D5000 DSLR, a Toshiba Camileo X100 videocam and a Toshiba Satellite A210 laptop.. Both cameras have what I call the small, square memory cards and the laptop has a memory card "reader." I also have a Panasonic 42" TC-P42S1 HD TV with an HDMI-In jack.

Is there a viable way to reach my objective of being able to take still pictures with the Nikon and videos with the Toshiba videocam, transfer them to my computer (I do know how to do that), edit those pictures/videos and then use the HD TV as the output device, or "screen"?

I have some understanding of computer hardware (I just built my fifth PC) and software, but close to zero understanding of audio/video issues. In other words, at this point I don't even know what the questions are, much less what the answers are. Also, I don't know if the scope of this project is way too large for me at this point.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jim
post #157 of 176 Old 05-04-2012, 08:13 AM

I've just ordered an SD90 to use with my Panasonic BWT700 standalone Blu-ray Recorder.

Is anyone else using this camcorder with a standalone Panasonic Blu-ray Recorder? I'm assuming that, being as the camcorder shoots at 1920x1080x50p (MP4 format only, 28 MB/S) I won't be able to directly import such footage from the SD card into the BWRT700? (will I be able to watch such footage through the SD card-slots on my LG 550T TV and Panny BWT700 BD Recorder?). This camcorder also shoots in the AVCHD format (HA at 17 MB/S, HG at 13 MB/S, etc) so am I right in assuming that the BWT700 won't accept the HA AVCHD format but will accept the HG AVCHD format? I'm wondering if I should shoot in full 1080p/50p/MP4 mode and then let the 700 downconvert it to 50i HD in the HG format, or would a better end result be obtained by shooting at the HG speed (50i AVCHD) and directly importing this onto the 700's hard drive without any conversion?

I want to burn my footage in the highest HD format possible onto a Blu-ray disc for viewing on my 46" TV, so any SD90 user comments and tips will be much appreciated before the camcorder arrives next week. Many thanks.
post #158 of 176 Old 05-04-2012, 08:41 AM

Crunchie,

Check this site out. It will help you with everything you need/want to do with your footage. I have the SD90 and use this great FREE program. Hope this helps.

http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/

Ken
post #159 of 176 Old 05-04-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdk504 View Post

Crunchie,

Check this site out. It will help you with everything you need/want to do with your footage. I have the SD90 and use this great FREE program. Hope this helps.

Ken

Thanks Ken, but I only have a Mac and I think this is PC software.

Do you use the SD90 with a Panasonic standalone Blu-ray Recorder?
post #160 of 176 Old 05-04-2012, 08:57 AM

Nope (no stand alone br recorder). I use my PS3 (hooked up to an external tb drive). Raw files won't play smoothly on either drive, but once I have the final edit I save it to either the PS3/TB drive and play from there (works great).

Not sure what Mac users are using, hopefully someone will chime in.

Good luck,

Ken
post #161 of 176 Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post

Is anyone else using this camcorder with a standalone Panasonic Blu-ray Recorder?

My Sony S185 plays 1080p60 @ 28 Mbit/s with no problem.
post #162 of 176 Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Sony N100 media player plays 1080p recorded with my TM90 just fine from the flash drive. For Bluray 1080i I use the TM90 and software that came with the camcorder to convert 1080p to 1080i. Works great and the conversion is quick enough when you use the camcorder as a hardware converter to speed up the process.
post #163 of 176 Old 05-15-2012, 03:43 AM

Hi, i'm the proud owner of one SD90 but i got a question do anyone know how to use the sd90 to broadcast (using ustream/livestream/anystream or whatsoever) using the sd90 usb cable.

I know that with av cable i can probably do it with a capture card but connecting the sd90 directly to the pc does anyone have clue ?

thanks in advance
post #164 of 176 Old 08-15-2012, 09:11 AM

Liked: 16
Since I'm on a budget, I'm considering buying a factory refurbished Panasonic SD-90K as they are going for $329 shipped on eBay from several resellers. It looks like a great budget camera, and my primary use would be sports events ranging from my grandkids soccer, dance, football, and gymnastics to the occasional trip to the drag strip to watch friends from my car club race. I have a Nikon D300 DSLR, the iPhone, and a Sony DSC T-30 P&S, but having a camcorder that can also snap or extract a still that would be useable on say Facebook... would be a plus. Small size is also a big plus for me and I have to say I almost pulled the trigger on a Sanyo HD1010, and then almost on a Sony HGR-TD5v. But another AVS member told me to stay away from the TD5V and go with the GW77 if I could afford it (I can't).

I have a somewhat ancient Sony TRV30 digital dinosaur, and when I was using it I always thought it would be cool to have a shotgun mike and better zoom... and less bulk. I'm amazed looking at all the new cameras, don't really have any loyalty to a particular brand. I'm pretty much 100% in the mac corner though, as I use a iMac 24 with 6GB RAM and a couple of terabytes of hard disk space available via USB and ethernet. So whatever I buy, I want to make sure it works reasonably well on a mac. Almost all our relatives have come over to the mac side, so being able to extract smaller clips that can be emailed to an iPhone or iPad would be a big plus. If that means sacrificing some HD quality it doesn't bother me. I'm not trying to compete with James Cameron LOL. I'd also like to be able to upload to YouTube and a media host like Photobucket or Vimeo. I've chatted with a few YouTube SD90K users and feedback has been very good. Hoping to get additional feedback here.

With that in mind, I also found Panasonic SD800K for not much more and was wondering whether this model is a serious improvement over the SD90K? So any of you TM90K owners out there... feel free to chime in and tell me your joys and woes. Thanks!

Mike

Iron Horse

If God had intended man to watch TV 24/7, he would have given him rabbit ears Â
post #165 of 176 Old 08-15-2012, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHorse View Post

Since I'm on a budget, I'm considering buying a factory refurbished Panasonic SD-90K as they are going for $329 shipped on eBay from several resellers. It looks like a great budget camera, and my primary use would be sports events ranging from my grandkids soccer, dance, football, and gymnastics to the occasional trip to the drag strip to watch friends from my car club race. I have a Nikon D300 DSLR, the iPhone, and a Sony DSC T-30 P&S, but having a camcorder that can also snap or extract a still that would be useable on say Facebook... would be a plus. Small size is also a big plus for me and I have to say I almost pulled the trigger on a Sanyo HD1010, and then almost on a Sony HGR-TD5v. But another AVS member told me to stay away from the TD5V and go with the GW77 if I could afford it (I can't).
I have a somewhat ancient Sony TRV30 digital dinosaur, and when I was using it I always thought it would be cool to have a shotgun mike and better zoom... and less bulk. I'm amazed looking at all the new cameras, don't really have any loyalty to a particular brand. I'm pretty much 100% in the mac corner though, as I use a iMac 24 with 6GB RAM and a couple of terabytes of hard disk space available via USB and ethernet. So whatever I buy, I want to make sure it works reasonably well on a mac. Almost all our relatives have come over to the mac side, so being able to extract smaller clips that can be emailed to an iPhone or iPad would be a big plus. If that means sacrificing some HD quality it doesn't bother me. I'm not trying to compete with James Cameron LOL. I'd also like to be able to upload to YouTube and a media host like Photobucket or Vimeo. I've chatted with a few YouTube SD90K users and feedback has been very good. Hoping to get additional feedback here.
With that in mind, I also found Panasonic SD800K for not much more and was wondering whether this model is a serious improvement over the SD90K? So any of you TM90K owners out there... feel free to chime in and tell me your joys and woes. Thanks!
Mike

I have the TM90k and still love the small size and the image still blows me away on my 10 foot diagonal screen. It has a mode the makes it MAC friendly but I don't use it. The software that comes with it I don't think works on a MAC. I use the 1080p/60 mode exclusively.

Its too bad you are all MAC because the software allows for it to use the camcorder to help with converting to 1080i and 480i at a very fast rate.
post #166 of 176 Old 08-16-2012, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHorse View Post

Mike

Even though I have and love the SD90, I think you should consider the Panasonic HC-V700.
Its the new model and they are going for $375 shipped from Amazon.

I have no problem with refurbs and buy them when the deal is there, but for $46 more you get the newest model
and brand new:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-HCV700K-Angle-Camcorder-Black/dp/B0072B5E7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345127077&sr=8-1&keywords=Panasonic+HC-V700

Revo Ion...XBMC For Windows...Dharma RC2
post #167 of 176 Old 08-18-2012, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4081 View Post

Even though I have and love the SD90, I think you should consider the Panasonic HC-V700.
Its the new model and they are going for $375 shipped from Amazon.
I have no problem with refurbs and buy them when the deal is there, but for $46 more you get the newest model
and brand new:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-HCV700K-Angle-Camcorder-Black/dp/B0072B5E7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345127077&sr=8-1&keywords=Panasonic+HC-V700

I agree! At that price get the newer model. Although one post said the SD90 is a smaller camcorder.
post #168 of 176 Old 12-19-2012, 09:51 AM

Needing some help, my SD90 won't turn on. I've charged the battery, bought a new battery, still nothing. A place I called to try to fix it said they can't and I have to send it to the Panasonic repair facility for a flat fee of like $270. It's only a little over a year old and I really don't want to pay that.
post #169 of 176 Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
If anyone's interested, Cowboom is having a sale on "pre-owned" Panasonic TM90's, starting @ $129::
http://www.cowboom.com/product/825330?utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=361116&utm_campaign=CJ

They are functional but "may show signs of use". Great deal on a 60p camcorder.
I don't know if this is a one day sale or longer..
post #170 of 176 Old 02-17-2013, 09:06 PM

Does anyone know where to purchase the cold shoe adapter? I lost mine and am looking for another to mount my mic on. Thanks.
post #171 of 176 Old 02-19-2013, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trw289 View Post

Does anyone know where to purchase the cold shoe adapter? I lost mine and am looking for another to mount my mic on. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

Did you try to call Panasonic parts? 800-332-5368
post #172 of 176 Old 02-20-2013, 12:50 PM

Howdy! i will be traveling to Paris and Spain in March and want to get a new camcorder, i currently have a Cannon 60D, a Kodak ZX5 playsport, and a Panasonic Lumic camera, but no true dedicated Camcorder, over doing some reviews and research i have kinda fallen in love with the Panasonic HDC-SD90 but can't ever find it anywhere or at a decent price. Do any of you have any suggestions of a Camcorder very close to the SD-90? also i keep seeing a SD90K are these the same thing as a SD90?
post #173 of 176 Old 06-06-2013, 02:00 PM

I purchased the Panasonic HDC TM 90. Love The Camera. I installed HD writer AE 3.0 on my computer. All of the videos were downloaded on my computer. Is there a way where you can store these videos on an external Hard Drive, so I want use up my hard disc space on computer. If you do this can you make a DVD copy using the HD writer software. I would like steps or tutorial on transfering to external hard drive.
post #174 of 176 Old 06-07-2013, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonce View Post

I purchased the Panasonic HDC TM 90. Love The Camera. I installed HD writer AE 3.0 on my computer. All of the videos were downloaded on my computer. Is there a way where you can store these videos on an external Hard Drive, so I want use up my hard disc space on computer. If you do this can you make a DVD copy using the HD writer software. I would like steps or tutorial on transfering to external hard drive.
In the Panasonic system there is the primary video file and three related files. In order to maintain the use of HDWriter for future edits, you have to keep all the files together. If you plan on using any other editing software, only the primary file is needed. Those primary .m2ts files can be copied, backed up or moved in all the normal ways just like all the other files on a computer.

If you want to keep the full functionality of HDWriter, I think there may be three ways. I've not test either.

1. HDWriter keeps a folder structure. On mine, it is by date. One could move the contents of a folder to an external drive for storage and leave the now empty folder behind. If you wanted to work on those files in the future you could copy them back to the old folder.

2. In HDWriter under Tools>Settings there is a way to add registered folders. You may be able to register the external drive as a folder. Then use the commands built in to HDWriter to make new sub folders, or move folders.

3. When I bought a new laptop, I used Windows Explorer to copy all my files to an external drive and then to the new laptop. After I installed HDWriter on the new laptop, it recognized the files fine. That may work as well.

I'll soon be doing something similar as my drive is filling up with too many photos and videos. But in my case, I'm using HDWriter less and a different editor more. The new editor is less picky about where it finds files. I will probably move only the primary .m2ts files to external drives.

Good luck!
post #175 of 176 Old 09-26-2013, 07:18 PM

Please help the helpless!
As a rookie cam user I'm finally getting around to exploring my 90 and must have done something to piss it off as it gives me NO DATA on many pages of the screen instead of the usual layout it started with and now I can't get past this issue to use the unit at all.
How can I reinstate the originality of the programming, like I even know what I'm saying... It's probably a typical user error that hopefully is easily corrected, I just need to fix my mistake but can't find a way.
Thanx for your indulgence!
Ron
post #176 of 176 Old 04-18-2014, 08:52 AM
pbc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Reviving and old thread. My TM90 is going strong still. My wife the other day was recording a clip and ended up forgetting to hit the stop button and put the camera away and it kept recording for another 30 minutes leaving me with a 4GB file.

I only want the first 60 seconds of the clip, but am having issues finding a free editor I can use to crop the video down to 60 seconds. Anyone have suggestions? thx

My DIY Subs ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page