HDR-CX350V cannot dual record - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-30-2011, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having several problems with my 18 month old HDR-CX350v.

1) When the camcorder has been on for 5-10 minutes (slightly warm), and is in movie recording mode, pressing the photo button (dual capture) causes the camera to hang on trying to save the photo to internal memory. There is a little square icon with an animated line showing that it is saving to memory. Unfortunately, the icon never goes away. You can still record in movie mode, but you can't take pictures or turn off the camera. The only way to turn off the camera is to remove the battery. This issue happens when recording both to internal or an external SD card

2) Intermittently, the camcorder will turn off during recording, This mostly happens when the camera is slightly warm to the touch. When I turn it back on it says "recovering data".

3) In some cases, we have recorded choppy movies, with quite a lot of stuttering, mostly towards the end of the session

I'm speculating that as the camera gets warm, it has trouble keeping up with storing the information to the internal memory and that's where the error occurs.

Anyone experience these issues? Is this a common problem for this camera. Anyone ever try to open this camera up?

Thanks for reading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-01-2012, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Its definitely heat related. Put the unit on a pile of cold compresses both under it and on the side, and the unit worked flawlessly until I shut it off after 30 minutes continuous. Now just trying to figure out an easy way to cool it as it is out of warranty. I managed to get hold of the service manual. Looking at the specs it seems that there are already heat sinks or as they call them "radiation sheet" on the main chip that controls the transfer of data both to the internal memory and the SD card. This board is on the bottom of the unit. On the side of the unit there is the flash drive where it gets warm also. it doesn't see that there is a heat sink on the flash drive chip itself.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page