Best videos to admire and study - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 02-13-2012, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Fiat131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I started this thread for all of us "aspiring" videographers, so that we can admire great filming and maybe learn something from the masters...

Below are two video links for my personal favorites, out of hundreds I've seen throughout the years:

http://vimeo.com/7058755

http://vimeo.com/10590790
Fiat131 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 02-13-2012, 11:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
flintyplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: yeovil somerset
Posts: 1,181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Each to their own but the dull looking color in the Egypt film did little for me
flintyplus is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 02-14-2012, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Fiat131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintyplus View Post

Each to their own but the dull looking color in the Egypt film did little for me


As you said: "Each to their own..."

Please share your "colors" with us, so we can admire them!

In the meantime, you're welcome to read few entries under that "Egypt" video...

iamkalaniprince 2 years ago
Wow, your color grading is S P O T on ! Well done Khalid, very beautiful, perfect choice of music,
I WANT MORE !! This would be a perfect intro to a documentary about Egypt..
The shot with the camel walking around the corner, so emotive..

This is my kind of work. Perfect.



jsendicott 2 years ago
Some of the best 5D footage I've seen. Very cinematic!



Gary Rosado 2 years ago
Awesome video!! the colors are amazing!!!
I got this camera and would like sometime in the near future to be able to get at least something similar to this clip!!!
Thanks for sharing! really enjoy it!
Fiat131 is offline  
post #4 of 15 Old 02-14-2012, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
flintyplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: yeovil somerset
Posts: 1,181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 21
[quote=Fiat131;21642769]As you said: "Each to their own..."

Please share your "colors" with us, so we can admire them!

In the meantime, you're welcome to read few entries under that "Egypt" video...

iamkalaniprince 2 years ago
Wow, your color grading is S P O T on ! Well done Khalid, very beautiful, perfect choice of music,
I WANT MORE !! This would be a perfect intro to a documentary about Egypt..
The shot with the camel walking around the corner, so emotive..

This is my kind of work. Perfect.


It was the colour i was commenting on i prefer the colour in

http://vimeo.com/26502646

on another point http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbjeXWMNZ5s is very good entertainment.



jsendicott 2 years ago
Some of the best 5D footage I've seen. Very cinematic!
flintyplus is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 02-14-2012, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
flintyplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: yeovil somerset
Posts: 1,181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat131 View Post

As you said: "Each to their own..."

Please share your "colors" with us, so we can admire them!

In the meantime, you're welcome to read few entries under that "Egypt" video...

iamkalaniprince 2 years ago
Wow, your color grading is S P O T on ! Well done Khalid, very beautiful, perfect choice of music,
I WANT MORE !! This would be a perfect intro to a documentary about Egypt..
The shot with the camel walking around the corner, so emotive..

This is my kind of work. Perfect.



jsendicott 2 years ago
Some of the best 5D footage I've seen. Very cinematic!



Gary Rosado 2 years ago
Awesome video!! the colors are amazing!!!
I got this camera and would like sometime in the near future to be able to get at least something similar to this clip!!!
Thanks for sharing! really enjoy it!

http://vimeo.com/26502646 far better colour for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbjeXWMNZ5s for unusual entertainment
flintyplus is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 02-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Senior Member
 
spyker1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat131 View Post

As you said: "Each to their own..."

Please share your "colors" with us, so we can admire them!

In the meantime, you're welcome to read few entries under that "Egypt" video...

iamkalaniprince 2 years ago
Wow, your color grading is S P O T on ! Well done Khalid, very beautiful, perfect choice of music,
I WANT MORE !! This would be a perfect intro to a documentary about Egypt..
The shot with the camel walking around the corner, so emotive..

This is my kind of work. Perfect.



jsendicott 2 years ago
Some of the best 5D footage I've seen. Very cinematic!



Gary Rosado 2 years ago
Awesome video!! the colors are amazing!!!
I got this camera and would like sometime in the near future to be able to get at least something similar to this clip!!!
Thanks for sharing! really enjoy it!

i have the pany tm900, sony cx700 and nikon 300s....90% of the time if i go outing, i bring my sony cx700...my nikon 300s is too bulky and heavy to carry around...and tm900 stabilizer needs improvement cause i sometimes shoot video while walking...

90% of the video i take are of my family...and for personal viewing only...i don't watch video shot by canon, nikon dslr camera on vimeo....i watched mostly vimeo video taken by camcorder and smartphone....like the vimeo iphone video link ungermann posted the other day...

good link below

The Empire State Building will probably look exactly the same 10 years from now, In case it doesn’t, thousands of great photographers have already shot it better than you can. What makes your vacation video special is that your kids went up the Empire State Building—and your kids are going to look completely different in 10 years

http://technorati.com/lifestyle/trav...on-video-that/
spyker1212 is online now  
post #7 of 15 Old 02-14-2012, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Fiat131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintyplus View Post

http://vimeo.com/26502646 far better colour for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbjeXWMNZ5s for unusual entertainment

If you like (saturated) colors, you may enjoy these videos:


http://vimeo.com/6775704


This video was shot with iphone 4S
http://vimeo.com/36100188
Fiat131 is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 02-14-2012, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Fiat131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker1212 View Post

i have the pany tm900, sony cx700 and nikon 300s....90% of the time if i go outing, i bring my sony cx700...my nikon 300s is too bulky and heavy to carry around...and tm900 stabilizer needs improvement cause i sometimes shoot video while walking...

90% of the video i take are of my family...and for personal viewing only...i don't watch video shot by canon, nikon dslr camera on vimeo....i watched mostly vimeo video taken by camcorder and smartphone....like the vimeo iphone video link ungermann posted the other day...

good link below

The Empire State Building will probably look exactly the same 10 years from now, In case it doesn't, thousands of great photographers have already shot it better than you can. What makes your vacation video special is that your kids went up the Empire State Buildingand your kids are going to look completely different in 10 years

http://technorati.com/lifestyle/trav...on-video-that/


90% of my "filming" includes family occasions and vacations.
It doesn't mean that I can't enjoy and admire (watching Vimeo and YouTube) someone else's great video skills or beautiful/exotic scenery and locations
Fiat131 is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 02-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Senior Member
 
spyker1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat131 View Post

90% of my "filming" includes family occasions and vacations.
It doesn't mean that I can't enjoy and admire (watching Vimeo and YouTube) someone else's great video skills or beautiful/exotic scenery and locations…

dslr video...video with depth of field...me don't admire....n don't impressed me....

family going to hawaii vacation this weekend...honolulu pearl harbor, city tour and paradise cove luau....i watched vimeo on hawaii paradise cove and pear harbour video...to see and learn from them and know what to expect...and what i am going to shoot with my family in video...no fancy depth of field shoots...
spyker1212 is online now  
post #10 of 15 Old 02-14-2012, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ungermann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 3,723
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
A slider is way overused.
Ungermann is offline  
post #11 of 15 Old 02-15-2012, 02:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
flintyplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: yeovil somerset
Posts: 1,181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat131 View Post

If you like (saturated) colors, you may enjoy these videos:


http://vimeo.com/6775704


This video was shot with iphone 4S
http://vimeo.com/36100188

Very funny if you think the india film is not good fine and would rather watch mud fine i dont like the oversaturated celluloid look either,i dont know where this film look comes from not from cinema films for sure where everyone looks like they have been roasted and vibrant colours
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFE3m...feature=fvwrel super 8 film look, no a compromise like in the india film suits me .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I8VPLN84YQ this one i would turn the colour down a little but its good watching.
flintyplus is offline  
post #12 of 15 Old 02-15-2012, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Fiat131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintyplus View Post

Very funny if you think the india film is not good fine and would rather watch mud fine i dont like the oversaturated celluloid look either,i dont know where this film look comes from not from cinema films for sure where everyone looks like they have been roasted and vibrant colours
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFE3m...feature=fvwrel super 8 film look, no a compromise like in the india film suits me .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I8VPLN84YQ this one i would turn the colour down a little but its good watching.


Obviously your video choices are perfect, unlike mine...
I would imagine that your grandfather was also taller than mine!

Sand box not for me.
Fiat131 is offline  
post #13 of 15 Old 02-16-2012, 01:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
flintyplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: yeovil somerset
Posts: 1,181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat131 View Post

Obviously your video choices are perfect, unlike mine...
I would imagine that your grandfather was also taller than mine!

Sand box not for me.

You sound loke a spoilt who does not like anyone to disagree with,ps i never new my grandfather but i dont think he was very tall just a very good old type carpenter from what i have been told.
flintyplus is offline  
post #14 of 15 Old 02-22-2012, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Fiat131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Fiat131 is offline  
post #15 of 15 Old 02-22-2012, 01:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
flintyplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: yeovil somerset
Posts: 1,181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Its better than the first one for me .
flintyplus is offline  
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off