Panasonic HDC-SD90 vs HC-V700 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 04-29-2012, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So is Amazon going to be the only place to ever sell the 700? I've been checking weekly at all our local big box stores and nobody sells the 700. There's nothing wrong with Amazon, but I just prefer to do business with a local store in case I have any issues. Best Buy sells panasonic but they don't carry that model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 04-29-2012, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey982 View Post

So is Amazon going to be the only place to ever sell the 700? I've been checking weekly at all our local big box stores and nobody sells the 700. There's nothing wrong with Amazon, but I just prefer to do business with a local store in case I have any issues. Best Buy sells panasonic but they don't carry that model.

Went to Best Buy last week with my DW and their camera inventory looked like they were going to close the department. All we saw was last years stuff. Way to many of the pedestals were empty. And, there were no clerks in the department. I ended up buying her a Panasonic FZ150 from Amazon. Even B&H didn't have it. I searched Fry's online hoping to find it in stock at a local store. 42nd Street Photo had it for a better price, but they wanted a fortune for 2 day shipping. We also tried Target and Costco.
post #33 of 34 Old 04-30-2012, 10:22 AM

Liked: 11
I purchased the 700MK (w/16 GB internal memory), last week at Amazon for more than $100 off list. I see that it is now going for even less than that today ($4 less anyway).

Ordered it with no extra battery or memory card because I wanted to test it last weekend in the mountains before I made the decision to keep it. After reviewing the footage last night on both a 50" Plasma and on my editing monitors the verdict is that I am most assuredly keeping it. Sneaking up on a herd of elk was so easy with the 46x zoom and the amazing image stabilizer.

This will be an outstanding backpacking camera if I can find the right case for it.
post #34 of 34 Old 04-30-2012, 12:16 PM

Liked: 11
The image stabilization is so good that Barney Fife can make great videos with this camera. I picked up mine from a mail order shop on the east coast last week while they had a $50 instant rebate going.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page