Good Outdoor Cameras for 1080P Time Lapse - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-14-2012, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone! I have been reading reviews on all sorts of cameras. Any help given will be greatly appreciated. I thank you in advance.

So here is what we are doing. We are a dealership in AZ and we are remodeling our entire building. We are looking to time lapse capture this 18 month project. We would love it in full 1080p. Looking to capture 1 frame every 15 min. I would prefer a camera that uses an SDHC card. Wired is not an option for us so if it will be a network camera it would have to be wireless. I do not mind swapping SD cards every month instead of wireless.

If anyone has any opinions, suggestions or ideas that would be great.

Thank you for your help.

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-15-2012, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 90
The Panasonic TM900 is easy to use for time lapse. Although it is a 2011 model, and being replaced, it is still easy to find. (At least Amazon has it.) Some are suggesting the newer model may not be as good!

I shot some storm days last winter that came out well with it's cousin the Panasonic SDT-750. I ran it from sun rise to sunset for three days without issue. The TM900 manual says it won't do 1080p in time lapse, but it does use a high quality 1080i setting. It also says that 2 minutes is the longest interval, so it falls short of your 15 minute goal. (That can be adjusted in editing software.)

It comes with an AC cord so you can run it off a wall socket, so battery life won't be an issue. It uses SD cards so getting the footage transferred to your computer would be easy. It also comes with decent software to collect, manage and stitch the daily clips together.

Where is your dealership and what do you sell? I'm currently in Lake Havasu, enjoying your AZ sunshine and a little of your wind.

Bill
post #3 of 3 Old 03-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Will there be a place to Plug in power? Will it be out of the weather. A gopro hero 2 is cheap money and does great for time lapse stuff. I would do some testing first with what ever camera you do get. Gopro cineform also has a free software that helps with time lapse among other stuff. Post up the video once your done should be cool. Gerry
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page