Help me please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-01-2012, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
O.K. My brother just did a promo video/commercial for my son's football team.

http://youtu.be/mBotI8mIyhE

I LOVE THE THOUGHT OF FILMING games, practices, etc to make more videos. Since I am TOTALLY green in this area...what would be a good intro camcorder to film youth football & wrestling working with an imac?? Please beat me up too much.

-Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ox1216 View Post

O.K. My brother just did a promo video/commercial for my son's football team.

http://youtu.be/mBotI8mIyhE

I LOVE THE THOUGHT OF FILMING games, practices, etc to make more videos. Since I am TOTALLY green in this area...what would be a good intro camcorder to film youth football & wrestling working with an imac?? Please beat me up too much.

-Alan

Any current camera or camcorder will do the job. Pick a price and shop Sony, Panasonic or Canon. If your goal is YouTube distribution, you can even do well with a current iPhone or iPad.

The hard part is not picking the camera. Your brother's video demonstrated he has significant shooting and composition skills. He knows how to hold the camera rock steady and where to point it. Further, he has mastered a video editing program, knows how to put the shots together, knows how to find and use a soundtrack and knows how to use effective titles.

To match your brother, you have a lot of work to do. But, since you asked, you should buy a Panasonic HDC-TM900K. They are being replaced by a newer model with little added, so are being discounted and probably won't last long. If you want to spend half of that, buy a Sony HX9V. It doesn't look like a camcorder, but it takes extraordinary video. If you want lots of zoom, try a Sony HX100V. Another favorite on this forum is the Canon HF M41, but it is not being discounted as it has not been replaced by a newer model yet.

Bill
Old 04-01-2012, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bill you r the man...thank you