The Official Panasonic HC-V700 Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 747 Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is this known for the panasonic 700mk...or do I have a lemon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 747 Old 09-17-2012, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 97
I would try to play it on an HD TV with an HDMI connection before I would call it a lemon.

Or, at least try to play a file on a computer.

Bill
post #363 of 747 Old 09-17-2012, 01:26 PM

Liked: 10
Got my new hc-v700m today and it is awesome. OIS is great. Only complaint is the color. Colors look a little off on auto mode . Hopefully I will be able to adjust it to overcome this issue. The colors just don't seem to match up to how I see them with the naked eye.
post #364 of 747 Old 09-17-2012, 05:18 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, every time we start/stop the recording, it creates a new file....which I think it refers to as a 'scene'. Is there a way to 'merge' all these scenes together using the camcorder itself so that when I extract the file out for playback it's just one file? I know it can be done using video editing software but any idea if there's a function in the camera to do it automatically? Tq
post #365 of 747 Old 09-17-2012, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezels21 View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, every time we start/stop the recording, it creates a new file....which I think it refers to as a 'scene'. Is there a way to 'merge' all these scenes together using the camcorder itself so that when I extract the file out for playback it's just one file? I know it can be done using video editing software but any idea if there's a function in the camera to do it automatically? Tq

No, there is not a way to merge the clips in the camcorder. You are thinking "old school" where the tape was "paused' and started again. Welcome to the world of "digital" video. We now have to take clips that are 3 to 10 seconds long and weld them together in editing.

Bill
post #366 of 747 Old 09-18-2012, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I agree with Bill , no way to merge in the cam , just in software . However you should be able to go in and view what you have captured and it plays all scenes continuously as if they were merged together which looks cool and gives you an idea what to expect in editing results . And you are correct , every time you Start/Stop you have made a new file (scene) .
post #367 of 747 Old 09-18-2012, 05:41 PM

Just got my new V700 last week and did some car racing shooting over the weekend. I tried shooting with a variety of settings auto mode/sports mode/manual mode hoping I could compare the quality of the video vs the shutter/aperture/white balance the camera was using. The only data I see in HD Writer is the date/time and Manufacturer, is there a setting I'm missing that needs to be turned on to show the EXIF/Meta data?
post #368 of 747 Old 09-19-2012, 08:28 AM

Hi,

First sorry for my bad english :'(

Someone can give me some advice to have better quality indoor? The quality seems dark / grey indoor. I don't have lot of light indoor and maybe it's the problem.
Which equipment i need to improve this problem?

Thank you very much for your help.
post #369 of 747 Old 09-19-2012, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrip View Post

Just got my new V700 last week and did some car racing shooting over the weekend. I tried shooting with a variety of settings auto mode/sports mode/manual mode hoping I could compare the quality of the video vs the shutter/aperture/white balance the camera was using. The only data I see in HD Writer is the date/time and Manufacturer, is there a setting I'm missing that needs to be turned on to show the EXIF/Meta data?
I don't think so. Since most clips need a little trimming anyway, you could talk to the camera at the beginning of a clip saying how you have it set up.
post #370 of 747 Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawnrad View Post

Hi,
First sorry for my bad english :'(
Someone can give me some advice to have better quality indoor? The quality seems dark / grey indoor. I don't have lot of light indoor and maybe it's the problem.
Which equipment i need to improve this problem?
Thank you very much for your help.
Without a clip to look at, I have to guess. But, good indoor video needs light to be crisp and colorful. If you can't do it with window light, you need light bulbs -- lots of them.
post #371 of 747 Old 09-19-2012, 09:34 AM

Thanks for your answer bsprague. I send you my clips in Private ;-)

I found render of the v700 black/grey indoor and don't know if I do something wrong (maybe automatic mode and no lot of lights).
Do you have links and reference of lights to buy for my indoor video?

Thanks again smile.gif
post #372 of 747 Old 09-19-2012, 06:13 PM

Liked: 11
I download a file from the V700 and I have a question for those using both a DSLR and a V700. Ok, I'm comparing it to a $2000 dollar lens, but my D7000 seems to have better color and sharpeness. IF you are using a Canon, Panasonic, or Nikon DSLR and good lenses, how do you compare the sharpness. Last question before I decide on a D5100 as a second body or to replace my Vixia HF100 with th V700. Thanks for any replies.
post #373 of 747 Old 09-21-2012, 05:43 PM

just got my v700 and took sample videos last night. what i noticed with motion is a crazy type of "blurring..." i uploaded the file to vimeo and was hoping someone could take a look to see why it does this.
when you watch, the first time is at 35 seconds. You'll see it when the first 2 boys about cross the yellow line. Why does it look like that? Dont seem to recall that with my old Sony CX110

https://vimeo.com/49892135
the password to access the video is avsforum

thanks
louie
post #374 of 747 Old 09-22-2012, 07:10 PM

Hi guys,

I own the V700M and it is NTSC given that I live in Canada
I need to send my AVCHD i60 movies to Europe, usually I convert them to DVD HQ as it is the most popular format, however not all players convert NTSC to PAL and when they do the quality is compromised.

I guess there is no way to do this with the HD Write HD 4.0, therefore I will have to do it with another software.

As regards the process to use, is it better to convert the original AVCHD and then compress to MPEG2 or should I convert to MPEG2 using the camera internal encoder and then make it PAL?
I am sure the second approach is quicker, but I wonder in terms of quality how much will I lose.

Thanks
Alex
post #375 of 747 Old 09-26-2012, 07:59 PM

I have had my new HC-V700M for about 2 weeks now and it takes pretty good video. My friend has the model below mine with the smaller sensor and there is barley a difference in image quality but it can be seen. My only complaint so far is the absolutely horrible low light video quality. In fact in low light it seems to not give any picture at all. I love this cameras range of zoom and crisp image quality. But in low light it is completely terrible. It is in fact one of the of the worst I have ever used or seen in low light. I am not speaking of filming in the dark here either. I used it to film a recent hunt. There was about 35 minuets of light remaining. I was sitting about 15 feet into the woods and could see 400 yards away across the field in front of me with the naked eye. The camcorder however gave me a picture of almost complete darkness It could only pick up outlines of things very very close. Within 10' of me no further! The next day there was about 40 minuets of light remaining and I filmed my 14 year old daughters 1st hunt. She got her 1st buck with a 40 yard shot from an elevated platform. The camera was able to capture the whole thing but every color was grey except the leaves had a small hint of green to them. I don't know if there is a way to make this camera work better in low light but it should work much better in moderate light than it does. If I can't find a way to adjust it to capture more light in that kind of setting I will have to get a different camcorder. I don't want to do so because I will have to sacrifice the zoom that I desperately need for my filming needs. However with such poor low light ability my zoom is useless anyway. Does anyone know how to make these camcorders work better in low light. Is there a setting I should use for just such an occasion?
post #376 of 747 Old 09-27-2012, 02:37 PM

Hi Spawnrad,

Someday perhaps the inner light will shine forth from us, and then we'll need no other light. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 – 1832) So .......... lamps, candles, video lamp, etc.
post #377 of 747 Old 09-27-2012, 03:26 PM

Hi Matt,

The large oversized sensor in the HC-V700 is used for Image stabilization and for extended Zoom with less loss of quality. When you see a Television Studio they use a lot and a lot of light to get a decent picture but you want to do the opposite thing: get a decent picture in darkness. If hunting is your hobby this could be usefull for you but's only for distances up-to 75' but I assume this range is too small unless you place several units in the terrain on different spots where you expect wildlife http://youtu.be/Ys5-z4zU51Q and maybe, when you ask her polite, you may use your daughter's color pencils, because Night Vision is (almost) colourless. :-))
Google on Night Vision and hunting and maybe you find something usefull and affordable.

Kind regards,

Dick
post #378 of 747 Old 09-27-2012, 03:55 PM

Hi YakyPeanut,

I've asked Panasonic Support Team several days ago about simultaneously streaming output of the HDMI outlet while shooting to connect a so-called field monitor when the camera is mounted on a pole or boom to get the picture before my eyes instead of a small display in top. The answer was NO it works only on playback! I think you've a look to cameras with the possibility to connect a monitor or Live Streaming with WiFi. In 2012/13 WiFi is getting more important for live streaming. That could be a solution coming up soon. http://camcorders.about.com/od/camcorders101/a/2012-Camcorder-Tech-Trends.htm
post #379 of 747 Old 09-28-2012, 05:28 AM

I currently have an HC-V700 that I purchased off Amazon's website. The videos I shoot look incredible for such a small device. However on some captured video recordings I am unable to view them on the camcorder itself. In play mode I see several thumbnails with an [!] exclamation mark in place of the actual video. When I press on them I get an error message stating "Cannot Play this Scene on this model". Not sure why this is. The rest of my videos can be viewed on the camcorder just fine. These videos clips were all shot same day at same location with same settings so I don't know why some would have this error and others don't. I can view all the videos I shot that day on my computer after transferring them but again, some of them just can't be viewed on the camcorder. I've tried reading the manual and googling this subject and couldn't find anything or anyone having the same issue.

Has anyone here experienced this yet?
post #380 of 747 Old 09-29-2012, 04:38 PM

welp, after borrowing a buddies V700 to shoot some drag racing while I had my trust SD camcorder relegated to live streaming duties.

Using this thing was simple ( would have been better if I had a manual as I didnt know the view LCD was touch screen ) and caught some great videos.

I just picked up AVS Media video editor ( I actually liked Movie Maker 2.6 for Win7 but I had a lot of issues with getting video on youtube that wasn't molested all to hell )

and AVS allowed me to save files the way I wanted them to be.

So I shot this hand held then slowed down via software - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFbwsDHayfA

I ended up shooting quite a bit through a glass window and it did well, with that.

I am very pleased with just about everything with this camera from my weekend of taping. I will say that editing video on my old gaming laptop was a bit of a chore, and it has me really looking at something a lot newer ( Quad Core and 8-16gb of memory ) but I do a LOT of editing. My old Toshiba Qosmio Core Duo w/ 4gb will chug through it and for someone doing only intermittent editing could get away with any laptop with HD space and 4gb or there abouts of memory.

One thing though is I would like to use this for some live streaming, has anyone managed that with one of these ?

-Robert
post #381 of 747 Old 09-30-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Schippers View Post

Hi YakyPeanut,
I've asked Panasonic Support Team several days ago about simultaneously streaming output of the HDMI outlet while shooting to connect a so-called field monitor when the camera is mounted on a pole or boom to get the picture before my eyes instead of a small display in top. The answer was NO it works only on playback! I think you've a look to cameras with the possibility to connect a monitor or Live Streaming with WiFi. In 2012/13 WiFi is getting more important for live streaming. That could be a solution coming up soon. http://camcorders.about.com/od/camcorders101/a/2012-Camcorder-Tech-Trends.htm

Well that is not true, I have a V700 (European PAL) and connected via HDMI to my TV ( a plain simple Sony LCD not even LED) it works perfectly, even the Viera Link works and I can pilot all the functions of the V700 with my TV remote control.
To get rid of all V700 messages and icons, in the setup menu set Ext. display to off and you'll only see exactly what you are shooting live on the TV screen.
I plan to use this to capture old double 8 films via a PC HDMI capture card.
JJ.
post #382 of 747 Old 09-30-2012, 09:54 AM

It is kind of disappointing that so many manufactures are ignoring that people want to also web cast with these cameras.

And the Eye Fi is unlikely to work as the file format is not supported :/

-Robert
post #383 of 747 Old 10-02-2012, 04:32 PM

Hi JJ-34,

Nice to hear that simultaneous streaming is possible so I'll purchase a HDMI-cable and see for myself and shame for Panasonic's Service Desk. It's great news because I've plan to purchase next year an ultra small portable 4"-5" Jib Crane that can be mounted on my regular sturdy tripod and easy is to take away. A monitor is essential to operate such thing because I haven't bionic eyes.

Kind regards,

Dick
post #384 of 747 Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
About ready to pull the trigger on the 700. A couple of questions So it can record in AVCD and MP4? Is there a time/space limit to MP4? The canons that I've been comparing to have a chart mentioning a 30minute (or 4gig) max recording with MP4. There has been mention of when down-converting from 60fps to 30fps (for say dvd) that the picture can be choppy? I have watched several of the above u-tube videos and I assume those are downconverted to 30fps and they look great. Thanks for the help. Just found out our baby is a girl today! Getting the right camcorder has been deemed my responsibility. smile.gif
post #385 of 747 Old 10-05-2012, 09:52 AM

Hi JJ-34,

Thanks man, I got my mini-HDMI cable today and couldn't wait to test it out: IT WORKED LIKE A CHARME!!! See images in Playback Mode on my Monitor as on Record Mode. So if I want to purchase a mini-Jib camera crane in near future I know now the use of a HDMI field monitor is possible. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1403509/the-official-panasonic-hc-v700-owners-thread/360

Dick
post #386 of 747 Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 PM

Well, waiting for mine together, I have a few weeks to get anything sorted out but something I would love to know is if you are using Teleconverters, are there decent quality ones out there ?

I have a set for my old GV320 and there is a noticeable loss of image quality but it isn't a huge deal for most of what I am doing with it when using them. Now if I added a set ( 2x Tele and .5 Wide ) on the HD camera I would like to not hurt the image if I can manage it.

I am still looking into a way to stream using this camera, and its not looking so good for me on that front, without some additional Hardware.

Something like this with my current laptop http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158332&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA but most of the replacment laptops I have been looking into don't have Expresscard slots :/

-Robert
post #387 of 747 Old 10-06-2012, 02:02 AM

You may have a look at BlackMagic USB3.0 capture devices if your laptop has a USB3 input or better a Thunderbolt connection which is even faster and futur proof.
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/
post #388 of 747 Old 10-06-2012, 03:14 PM

Well the USB 3 thing is the sticking point ATM, as the current laptop is only USB2, and most of the new laptops are lacking firewire and or Expresscard slots.

Chicken and Egg issues.

Camera showed up today, batteries are charged, card is in, time to start tinkering.

-Robert
post #389 of 747 Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 PM

Guys I am planning on purchasing the Panasonic HC-V700 for a business I have been working on, and have found this thread so helpful, thank you all for this knowledge-base. So far it seems this is one of the best camcorders out there in its class. I am excited to get my hands on it!
post #390 of 747 Old 10-09-2012, 07:15 PM

Well construction of the steady cam has started. Any in here build one ?

Thoughts ? I am using the base of the Silver Flyer and the Gimbal from another. I didn't like the idea of my $500 camera and rig being dependent on a plastic RC Truck U-Joint.

The better Handle assembly - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJFA-Kj4NI0

The silver flyer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgUffkv1lbI

So far the axle/u-joint has been the most expensive item at $30, the back bone parts were $10, bearings $20, but I have almost enough stuff to build 2.

This should prove fun and I hope work well, I have some ideas on the weight system as well.

-Robert
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page