Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: northern lower peninsula Michigan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am currently using the trial versions of Adobe Premiere Elements and Avid Studio HD. I have some questions:
1. Concerning Avid, I have burned a couple of AVCHD videos from AVCHD video files that I had from my Sony SR11. On the last AVCHD video I made, I noticed some macroblocking (for lack of a better term) on some of the video shots, but not all. All the video were AVCHD video files shot on the same day with the same camera. These same video files have been used with other NLEs without this problem ever coming up. I really like Avid Studio, but for this unexpected problem. Can anybody help me with this?
2. Also concerning Avid, is there a way to resize the video presentation from 4x3 to 16x9? When I mix older video files in 4x3 with 16x9 newer video files, I would like to have the entire presentation in 16x9.
3. And lastly with Avid. I noticed yesterday that Avid refuses to download AVCHD video files that are mpg. How can I change these files to any other format? Or is there a way I can get Avid to use these files?
4. Concerning Adobe, the opening menu shot does not seem to want to advance forward to the main menu very easily. When I press play or OK on the controller, it just cycles back to the opening menu. I have to hit the return button and then the play button to reach the main menu. Is there a fix for this?
5. Lastly, again with Adobe Elements, I noticed that the sound quality/volume was not as good as that produced by other NLEs when producing AVCHD programs/DVDs. Is this just because of the fact that I am using a trial version, or is this the way it will be with the regular package?
I appreciate any help that anyone can offer. Thanks.