Looking to buy camcorder--suggestions please - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 04-12-2012, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 31
The "panning too fast" warning is designed to prevent you from seeing the "rolling shutter" or "jello" problem inherent in CMOS sensors. At least these cameras warn you. Most do not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 04-18-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Maverick22,

Have you shot any video yet?

Bill
post #33 of 35 Old 04-18-2012, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

Maverick22,

Have you shot any video yet?

Bill

Hey Bill,

I have been crazy busy lately. We had a garage sale this past weekend to help make extra money for baby (that was some work!), nephew's bday party was this weekend, just other stuff going on (baby shower this weekend & wife is somewhat involved). Last night we rented Mission Impossible.

I actually plan on shooting some tonight. I don't think we have much going on. I just got a few accessories delivered. Baby should be here w/in 2-5 weeks, so I know I have to hurry and learn a thing or two with this camcorder
post #34 of 35 Old 04-18-2012, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick22 View Post

...Baby should be here w/in 2-5 weeks, so I know I have to hurry and learn a thing or two with this camcorder

That's not all! You wouldn't believe what you have to learn. You might start looking for a fathering forum somewhere.

My only baby was born 40 years ago in December. Hang on! It's a wild ride.

We still spend a lot of time together. Would you believe he turned out smarter than me?

I wish I had an HD camcorders back then. I have ton's of photos I took with a couple Nikons and a suitcase full of lenses. But, no movies. The odd part is my Dad took 8mm movies of my sister and I in the 1950's.
post #35 of 35 Old 04-18-2012, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

That's not all! You wouldn't believe what you have to learn. You might start looking for a fathering forum somewhere.
Ha ha good idea! Well luckily we have many young nephews/nieces in the family and are somewhat experienced. I know it's totally different when they are your own though.

My only baby was born 40 years ago in December. Hang on! It's a wild ride.
Lookin' forward to it.

We still spend a lot of time together. Would you believe he turned out smarter than me?

Nope--you seem pretty darn intelligent!

I wish I had an HD camcorders back then. I have ton's of photos I took with a couple Nikons and a suitcase full of lenses. But, no movies. The odd part is my Dad took 8mm movies of my sister and I in the 1950's.

Yep technology's come so far. Wow that would be something looking at videos from the '50's. How neat! I wish I could have seen my pops in his ol' basketball-playing days. I'm really big on family and memories. Although I don't know what the heck I'm doing (just stay on Auto and hit a button), and I enjoy looking back at all the good times. Time flies so quickly.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page