30+X optical with super bright night mode HD camcorder? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-25-2012, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hoping to spend less than $200 new. Not considering used cause of possible dust/scratch in lens.
Must have:
-30+X optical, the more the better.
-At least 720 hd
-night mode that gives a sort of night vision effect, not just regular low light video
-lens cap
-Standard sized
Hopefully combines clips in cam without hooking up to a computer

I have a Samsung HMX-f80 720hd 52X optical zoom. It has a night mode but needs to be in SD mode for that, and isn't the night vision-type night mode I want.
The night vision I want is from the Panasonic SDR-S50 I have, it's SD def, 78x optical zoom. It's not green like night vision, it's like photo night mode, when you take a photo in the dark and are like, whao, how did it light everything up so well!? I question the low light video quality of the Samsung I have seeing that it needs to be in SD to take low light video. I think they skimped out on everything to enable 52x optical HD for under $200.
I'd keep the Panasonic, but I don't want a SD def camcorder. It has so many more usable features than the 52X HD cam.

The specs usually say something like low light mode/lamp mode/night mode/etc but that doesn't tell me if it's the night vision-like feature I'm looking for.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
panasonic hdc-v10, but its $250. it is basically the same as your panasonic sd camera but with a cmos sensor and 720p video
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page