Sony hdr-cx160 vs 190 (or other suggestions) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-28-2012, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My wife and I are going to be having a baby in a couple of months, and I am looking to get a decent and easily portable camcorder to capture events as my child grows up. I already have a nice dslr camera, but its not practicle to carry around everywhere.

I was looking into a couple different models from sony, but I am open to any suggestions to other brands. I would like to keep the price around $350 or less.

Sony has the hdr-160 for $350

the hrd-190 for $299

and the hdr-200 for $339

(Sorry tried to post links but it wont let me until 3 posts)

Now it looks like to me that the cx130 and 160 are last years models that they are discounting, and the cx190 and 200 are the new models at full price. If you dig down into the specs it kind of looks like the 160 might be a better camera than the others.. can anyone confirm or deny this and why? What would you guys recommend?

I am also open to other suggestions and other brands.. please give explanations as to why though

Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
the cx130/160 are better cams because they have a bigger sensor and can also shoot in 60p if thats what youre after. also i think the 190/200 dont have optical stabilization
post #3 of 4 Old 04-28-2012, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thats what I thought... I am not sure why it says 3.3 mp on the cx130 and 5.3 on the cx190.. its very misleading

the image processor on the cx130 is Pixel Gross : Approx. 4200K pixels

where it is only Pixel Gross : Approx.1500K pixels on the cx190 which is signifigantly less, however the size of the sensor is smaller on the cx190 so I am not sure how this affects things...
post #4 of 4 Old 04-28-2012, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
For anyone watching their budget i would recommend the HDR-CX130/L . For this one has IS , full HD , larger sensor , and a good size for picts also . Best i would tell you tho is if you have a BestBuy or camera store close by i would go test the cameras first and make sure you would like it .
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page