Accessories for my Camcorder - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-29-2012, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I purchased a Canon Vixia HFM500, with a Canon Wide Angle 0.7x Lens, Hood Lens, LED Lamp, Cam Caddie Scorpion Handle & Rode VideoMic Pro.....what other cool items and accessories are out there that I could add to my camcorder to help it or just make it better in general?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-29-2012, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmusic11 View Post

Hello, I purchased a Canon Vixia HFM500, with a Canon Wide Angle 0.7x Lens, Hood Lens, LED Lamp, Cam Caddie Scorpion Handle & Rode VideoMic Pro.....what other cool items and accessories are out there that I could add to my camcorder to help it or just make it better in general?

Thanks

My two most important accessories are a monopod with a ball mount on it and Adobe Premier Elements 10.

Bill
post #3 of 6 Old 04-30-2012, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

My two most important accessories are a monopod with a ball mount on it and Adobe Premier Elements 10.

Bill

What would be the difference in using Adobe Primier and Final Cut Pro (Macbook Pro)?

Also, I attached my light today - I don't know how I'll end up using the rode video mic pro....but the light gives off a noise and I am almost sure that it'll come up on the audio.....Do I have any alternatives to gaining great audio without it being tampered by the light's noises?
post #4 of 6 Old 04-30-2012, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:

What would be the difference in using Adobe Primier and Final Cut Pro (Macbook Pro)?

I have no idea.

Each great "NLE" on the market now has evolved to such complex levels that I don't think you can find many who are experts at more than one. A "pro" couldn't invest the time necessary to master more than one because it would cost him too much in time. It may be that each "pro" or "serious amateur" finds a way to "go with the flow" in the world they are working. That said, based on news from the recent NAB convention in Vegas, Adobe is gaining market share at the expense of others.

So, if you have mastered Final Cut Pro and can take advantage of all of it's features and capabilities, even looking at Adobe's products could distract you from completing some good video.

Stay with what you know.

Bill
post #5 of 6 Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

...I attached my light today - I don't know how I'll end up using the rode video mic pro...

newmusic - I suggest a $9 Adorama C bracket - it'll give you a couple of extra cold shoes for mics, lights, etc. Here's my camcorder w the C bracket (only using one of the two available shoes):

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution
post #6 of 6 Old 05-01-2012, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have not used an Eye Fi card. It replaces a SD card and establishes a connection to a computer by Wi Fi and transfers video files. It looks useful for my high speed tennis videos consisting of very short video clips. For some select applications it might be useful. For long videos I'd research?
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page