Need help with choosing camcorder & mic for meetings - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-17-2012, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need 3 consumer level Hi Def camcorders with wireless microphones to record 3 simultaneous workshops indoors for a total of 8 - 9 hours. I have no preference for either Hard Drive or sd cards storage. The camcorders will be plugged in the entire time. The videos will be edited for viewing either on youTube or Vimeo.

The cameras will be on tri-pods no more than 20 - 30 feet away and turned only to focus on one panel member at a time.

The audio should be reasonably clear and doesn't need to be perfect broadcast quality.

Any suggestions about which camcorder, external microphone & place to buy them? I'd prefer cost of each camera/mic set to be no more than in the five to six hundred dollar (US) range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-17-2012, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep2 View Post

I need 3 consumer level Hi Def camcorders with wireless microphones to record 3 simultaneous workshops indoors for a total of 8 - 9 hours. I have no preference for either Hard Drive or sd cards storage. The camcorders will be plugged in the entire time. The videos will be edited for viewing either on youTube or Vimeo.

The cameras will be on tri-pods no more than 20 - 30 feet away and turned only to focus on one panel member at a time.

The audio should be reasonably clear and doesn't need to be perfect broadcast quality.

Any suggestions about which camcorder, external microphone & place to buy them? I'd prefer cost of each camera/mic set to be no more than in the five to six hundred dollar (US) range.

Hi Mike - don't know if you've seen it yet, but this is the same advice I offered over at Videomaker with a little extra detail:

I recommend 3 Panasonic HC-V700K camcorders ($449 each from Amazon).

In addition, I recommend 2 Azden VHF wireless mics set to separate frequencies, 169.445kHz and 170.245kHz ($155 each at Amazon) - and one Audio Technica VHF wireless mic set to a third frequency, 171.105kHz or 171.905kHz ($140 from Amazon).

Total cost should be about $599 per camera. I have both the Azden and Audio Technica wireless mics, and they work well together.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page