Best Quality under $200 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-06-2012, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking to get into making videos. These videos will mostly be recorded in my house where the lighting isn't fantastic. I have struggled with trying to figure out if I should get a digital camera..or a camcorder. I have decided that beings I will mainly be using it for recording videos, I should get a camcorder.

Anyways I don't really care about how great the zoom is or any other feature other than how good the video quality looks. I will admit I don't know a lot about camcorders (or cameras for that matter), so lens and shutters confuse me. My budget is $100-$200, I currently own a kodak playtouch which records at 1080p..but the video looks grainy when I try to watch it on my computer. Any and all advice would be GREATLY appreciated..and sorry if this isn't where I should be posting this question, thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-07-2012, 02:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Neublet - welcome to the forum! Do you have some samples of your videos that you could link to? It might be helpful to see what your challenge is. That said, I hear good things from people I respect about the Samsung HMX-W200. Less than $100, and here is what it can do:
Good luck,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution
post #3 of 3 Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you for the help Bill, unfortunately I do not know have any uploaded samples. I think my main issue is lighting. The video shows up grainy, and it doesn't really pickup colors too well. I am playing around with Chroma Key (I think thats what it is called) but the camera I have doesnt really pickup on the color background..it just appears dark. I have been checking reviews and they are all over the place, some people like the samsung that you showed..others don't. Im confused. Again, ty for your help.

-Dan
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page