Please recommend me a mic - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-19-2012, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,
I just picked up a Panasonic V700M. I'm looking for a lavalier microphone in the $250 (or below) range.

I'll be using it to create information videos online. Basically, me standing in front of a blown out white background talking for 10-15 minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-20-2012, 12:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghazal Azodi View Post

Hey guys,
I just picked up a Panasonic V700M. I'm looking for a lavalier microphone in the $250 (or below) range.
I'll be using it to create information videos online. Basically, me standing in front of a blown out white background talking for 10-15 minutes.

Hi Ghazal - welcome to the forum! For your requirements and your price point, I recommend a UHF wireless lavalier. No wire tethering you to the camera, generally a very clean connection.

Best value for money is a used Azden UHF wireless lav mic at Amazon for $246. Clean wireless audio for not a lot of money.

Next best is a Samson UHF wireless lav for $219, but you'll need a $12 XLR to 3.5mm adapter to plug it into your camera.

If you're close enough to the camera and all you want is a wired lav to plug directly into the camera, the best value for money is this Sony ECM-44 for $179. It has an XLR jack, so again you'll need the $12 XLR to 3.5mm adapter.

You can also go bare bones for less money - like a $149 Azden WLX-PRO VHF wireless lavalier (more liable to static - this is what I have) or a $22 Audio Technica ATR-3350 wired lavalier (frequency response not as good as the Sony's, so your voice may sound a little lifeless - see this video).

Hope this is helpful - look forward to seeing your videos!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page