Please help picking a Camcorder - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-22-2012, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been searching and searchin...and searching for the right camcorder. First I am most likely going to be buying off of Ebay because they seem to have the lowest prices. I have been going to Ebay and looking at the cameras that are $250 or less (buy it now). I have found the Canon vixia HF m301 and SEVERAL other camcorders. So far the Canon seems to be one of the better ones, but I am trying to make sure that I get a good camcorder (I will probably end up buying the M301 from Canon's shop for $199).

Anyways, the camera I want has to have an external mic port. I want the best video quality I can get for $250. I know that a $250 camcorder wont have better video than a $2500 camcorder...but I want the best that $250 will get (which $250 on ebay is about $300-$500 on other sites roughly). I know that Canon makes the Vixia HF M300 which is basically the same camcorder as the 301..except the 301 can hold a bigger card, but the 300 is over $500 and the $301 is a costco only camcorder sold new for $350.

Anyways does anyone have an advice as to which camcorder I could get in the $200-$250 price range on Ebay? I really like the Canon vixia hf r20, but it doesn't offer a flash like the M301 does..however the r20 does have dual SD slots, I kindof think the flash would be better to have..but then again, im going for video quality first. I know sony is a VERY good brand but they don't seem to have anything with the same features in that price range on ebay. I keep hearing about the HDR-CX130,160,& 190..but they are lacking in features.

Thank you guys for any and all advice.
-Dan

**EDIT** I figured I should also include Digital Cameras in this question. I reviewed the Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Digital Camera and it seemes really nice. 1080p is nice but not required as this camera will be used alot for youtube and its not a huge deal breaker to me. My main issue with the Canon is no mic input...and i've read that a camcorder will take better videos than a camera.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-22-2012, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
If money is tight, get the HF M301 directly from Canon for $199. They are refurbished, but like new.

Unless you are buying "refurbished by manufacturer" (by Canon) off of ebay, you are taking a chance with getting a used one.

The direct from Canon is a very good deal, I wouldn't pass it up.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page