TM90 tips? just bought, leaving for vacation tomorrow. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-22-2012, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'll be leaving on vacation tomorrow and I got the TM90 a few months ago and haven't even used it yet. I just took it out of the box, I did buy 3 32GB class 10 Lexar SD cards and an extra battery. Which mode would you recommend recording in? are there any other settings I should change?

Thanks,
Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-22-2012, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkhockey83 View Post

I'll be leaving on vacation tomorrow and I got the TM90 a few months ago and haven't even used it yet. I just took it out of the box, I did buy 3 32GB class 10 Lexar SD cards and an extra battery. Which mode would you recommend recording in? are there any other settings I should change?
Thanks,
Sean

You should have already had it open and testing it long before the day you leave but good luck . There are several settings to different ways to video . Choosing the setting depends what your using the video for . My camera (M50) has MP4 and AVCHD and yours should have the same . Then you have how many FPS you want to shoot , the more the FPS the larger the video size will be . If you load up to the web the MP4 is just fine but if your making DVDs' and watch it on a big screen TV you want the AVCHD size . If it's quality time with the family i would definitely use the AVCHD setting .
post #3 of 5 Old 06-23-2012, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkhockey83 View Post

Thanks,
Sean

I can't believe you bought a camcorder and didn't even take it out of the box for a few months.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-23-2012, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronomy View Post

I can't believe you bought a camcorder and didn't even take it out of the box for a few months.
Now that he did, I think maybe a few things might help.

First, make sure it is in the "iA" mode. That is the "intelligent automatic" mode where the camera makes most of the exposure and focus decisions. This camera is good at that. 90% of the time it will get it close enough to "right" that the video will be viewable.

Second, try hard not to use zoom or pan unless you have to. The video will be more steady if you get closer instead of zooming and panning more than a little is hard to watch. Good amateur video is about things that move or have motion, not a zooming or panning camera.

Third, try to use the composition rule of thirds. Don't put the subject in the middle.

Fourth, keep your clips to under 10 seconds. 5 seconds is better. Longer will put any viewer to sleep. Later you can combine the best clips into a 3 to 5 minute video with the software that came with the camera.

Good luck.

Bill

PS: He is probably already on vacation and not reading any of this.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-24-2012, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

PS: He is probably already on vacation and not reading any of this.

And his wife or partner is yelling at him to stop fiddling with the new camcorder! LOL
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page