Renting a T4i for a shootout with the GH2 - what do you want to see? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-26-2012, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Friends - I will be renting a 650D/T4i with the 40mm f2.8 STM pancake lens on Wednesday 6/27/12 to compare it with the unhacked GH2 with the 14mm 2.5 pancake (because it is a pancake and because it's silent, not to match focal lengths).

I will be shooting after work on 6/27, 28 and 29 and will have limited time for tests, but right now I plan to compare autofocus performance, autofocus noise, touchscreen performance, low light performance, chromakey performance, in-camera audio, live HDMI out and moire. I will also take a few side-by-side stills with each camera, but won't really get into still image performance.

Anything else you want to see? This won't be a Zacuto-caliber shootout (or even a Bloom-quality comparison) - so nothing fancy, please smile.gif

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-26-2012, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Bill,

Are you going to do a side by side test? It would be nice to see that...shooting the same scene at the same time. I'm talking video, not stills.

The Mod Squad: New vs. Classic TV Series Opening https://vimeo.com/63119329
post #3 of 3 Old 06-26-2012, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasst View Post

Bill,
Are you going to do a side by side test? It would be nice to see that...shooting the same scene at the same time. I'm talking video, not stills.

That's my plan. I will shoot side by sides of the same scene with the two system pancakes, then some side-by-sides with the same manual lenses on each camera (adapted Nikons). Looking forward to seeing how the two cameras perform.

Bill
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page