Sound cut-out at end of playback - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-28-2012, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is it normal for sound to cut out the last few seconds of playback on each clip? I am shooting with a cx570 and have converted to avi and wmv.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-28-2012, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

It looks like this may be only happening on outdoor clips. Somebody said FX mode is better for outdoors, better than FH mode. I'll keep experimenting!
post #3 of 7 Old 06-28-2012, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Your description of your work flow is confusing to me. I don't have your camera, but do have a Sony. I don't understand why you are converting the video. Sound may be dropping because of your conversion process. It is not likely to be coming from your camera.

Can you post what you're doing?

What computer are you using?
What software are you using to transfer to your computer?
What software are you using to convert to what file format and why?
What is your intended goal? DVD? YouTube?

And, the FH or FX modes have to do with compression under AVCHD standards and nothing to do with indoors or outdoors.

Bill
post #4 of 7 Old 06-28-2012, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your interest, Bill.

I'm running 1.46 GHz and 2039 MB of RAM, which is not very strong and why I have to convert the HD files to AVI or WMA -- the computer can't handle the AVCHD files. (I'm already looking around at something stronger, so feel free to offer suggestions in relation to GHz, RAM and so on...) I use Wondershare to transfer, which seems to work great, and the last test I did with sound there was no cut out. Only outdoors did I notice cut out on the clips. Maybe this has something to do with the auto wind reduction feature?

My immediate goal is YouTube, but a lot of material would like to be able to put on DVD later.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-28-2012, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

You're due for a new computer. I have not had anything but laptops for a long time. Currently I'm using a Toshiba Satellite with an Intel i5 processor. I didn't buy it with the intention of using it for video, but it has worked well anyway.

Bill
post #6 of 7 Old 06-28-2012, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

So for processor you're suggesting i5, from the current intel lineup can you say the equivalents to i5? (excuse my ignorance, I've spent the past ten years writing novels and screenplays!)
post #7 of 7 Old 06-29-2012, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixoticquest View Post

So for processor you're suggesting i5, from the current intel lineup can you say the equivalents to i5? (excuse my ignorance, I've spent the past ten years writing novels and screenplays!)

No, I am not saying the i5 is the best one. I am saying I have a computer with that and it works good enough for short videos I make with the software I have.

The video software I use is what came with the cameras I own and Adobe Premier Elements 10. AVCHD files are no problem.

The "best" for video editing seems more complicated and I have not figured it out. It seems that the fastest processor, a "graphics card" with it's own memory and a fast hard drive are suggested. With laptops, those features are often bundled in computers aimed at people that want to play advanced video games.

Adobe Premier Pro bundled into Adobe CS6 seems to be near the top of video software. You can read the computer requirements at Adobe here: http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/tech-specs.

Bill
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page