Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Overview:
  • What: Dodgeball tournament
  • Current hardware: MacBook Pro 15" Ivy Bridge 2.7Ghz, 8GB RAM, 240GB SSD
  • When: 7/7/2012

I'm not worried about the internet connection or anything that I don't already know about. I need to know a few simple things: what hardware do I need to live stream 720p, one camera, pointed at a court full of people throwing dodgeballs?

I'm looking more for low / medium end. I mean, best bang for the buck kind of deal. I'm participating in the tournament and thought it would be cool to live stream but not really sure what I need.

Obviously can't afford a Cinema camera, and was not sure if I need something like this http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/ and then a camera with HDMI in to the device, and boom out to LiveStream.

Please, help me with some suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-01-2012, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegim View Post

Overview:
I'm not worried about the internet connection or anything that I don't already know about. I need to know a few simple things: what hardware do I need to live stream 720p, one camera, pointed at a court full of people throwing dodgeballs?
I'm looking more for low / medium end. I mean, best bang for the buck kind of deal. I'm participating in the tournament and thought it would be cool to live stream but not really sure what I need.
Obviously can't afford a Cinema camera, and was not sure if I need something like this http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/ and then a camera with HDMI in to the device, and boom out to LiveStream.
Please, help me with some suggestions.

Vegim - I recommend the $290 Ceravo Live Shell - it will take you from your camera's HDMI out to a live 720p stream. Here is an engadget review with video.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution
post #3 of 6 Old 07-01-2012, 11:35 PM

Deleted. My bad.
post #4 of 6 Old 07-01-2012, 11:40 PM

Deleted. Apologies. These posts never showed up initially.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-02-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegim View Post

Overview:

Wouldn't just about any camera with a firewire connection work? As long as it can be connected to your laptop, the laptop recognizes it, and your chosen site's stream manager can pick up the camera's video feed, you should be good to go.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-02-2012, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunerww View Post

Vegim - I recommend the $290 Ceravo Live Shell - it will take you from your camera's HDMI out to a live 720p stream. Here is an engadget review with video.
Hope this is helpful,
Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Thanks for your input, honestly wish I would have seen this earlier. I did go ahead and order the BlackMagic Intensity Extreme. LiveStream's website states it's fully compatible with it. I think it works the same way as the Ceravo Live Shell.

Or, so I think it does.

Are you saying I would be able to hook up my T2i with the mini HDMI cable to the Live Shell and it would just recognize it as a video camera? I was reading something, somewhere, that said if you are recording on the T2i and doing this video out, it will down the video to 480p - which is fine, I wouldn't record at the same time because I'm pretty sure LiveStream can record for me, and then I can just grab those files.

Thanks again, hopefully this all works out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post

Wouldn't just about any camera with a firewire connection work? As long as it can be connected to your laptop, the laptop recognizes it, and your chosen site's stream manager can pick up the camera's video feed, you should be good to go.

I have a t2i and I would like to at least try to stream in 720p on LiveStream. I think this BlackMagic thing will do the trick, but I kind of wish I would have bought the LiveShell now...
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page