Video editor for my TM900 ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-03-2012, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Actually for AVCHD video format(1080/60p). I am filming sport events and I have difficulties using the HD Writer that came with the camera. Is primitive and has almost no options for anything.
I am trying to find a video editor who can do the following things:
- cut the sound when I need
- lower the sound and add some music on the backround
- speed up and slow down some parts from the videos (this is a must) and then edit the (let's say) slowed parts to the main video.

With the HD Writer when I edit and want only one main video for uploading on you tube the editor for whatever reasons it creates two videos instead of one.

I was at Best Buy and there are quite few but I don't know which one should I use for my specific editing requirements (slowing down an action or speeding up it's must).

Thanx in advance for any tip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-04-2012, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Adobe Premier Elements 10 is my favorite for the files from my Panasonic SDT-750 that records the same type of files as yours.

Don't get put off by the marketing that says it will do cute, themed automatic video. Below the surface are more amazing tools than I thought possible for around $65. In fact, looking around the internet, you may find comments that there may be few reasons to buy the $600 Premier Pro, unless you are trying to manage multiple cameras on live feeds or 3D.

For sound, it will handle up to 99 separate audio tracks with full control using mixers, filters and effects.

To speed up or slow down a clip, there is a "time" tool that you use to grab the one end of the clip and shrink or stretch it to whatever you want.

1080p60 files do not cause me any trouble. They read into PE10 without issue. So far, I have not found how to make it render to 1080p. Instead, it has a slew of presets for creating optimized files for everything you might want to do from disks, media players and YouTube.

(On edit: I figured out how to render to 1080p60. It was easy but not obvious. In the share mode you pick an MPEG4 preset, select "Advanced" and select the 59.94 frame rate.)

You can download a full trial copy and there is great online training at lynda.com that will get you going quickly with the finer points of audio and video control. Go there and watch a couple of free lessons and you should get an idea of how it works.

I am enjoying learning and using it alot!

Bill
post #3 of 5 Old 07-07-2012, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanx Bill an sorry for late answer but I didn't receive any notice in my e-mail to let me know someone answered my question.
I'll go for Adobe(both: video and photo editor).
post #4 of 5 Old 07-07-2012, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1850 View Post

Thanx Bill an sorry for late answer but I didn't receive any notice in my e-mail to let me know someone answered my question.
I'll go for Adobe(both: video and photo editor).
Good! You should like it.

I think I wrote it earlier, but again, the fastest way to get it figured out and running well is to take the course at lynda.com.

Bill
post #5 of 5 Old 07-07-2012, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

.... They read into PE10 without issue. So far, I have not found how to make it render to 1080p. Instead, it has a slew of presets for creating optimized files for everything you might want to do from disks, media players and YouTube.
(On edit: I figured out how to render to 1080p60. It was easy but not obvious. In the share mode you pick an MPEG4 preset, select "Advanced" and select the 59.94 frame rate.)

Since writing that, I've been doing a lot of reading on the Adobe forum and others. On one of those forums, I posted what I learned and I'll repeat it here.

Each new video project starts with an opening screen where you can name the project and select "Project Settings". That had confused me for a year. The project setting is what Premier Elements uses for the real time viewing (or rendering) of your work as you go. It does not effect the rendering to the final product. The idea is to pick the project preset that makes the preview window flow smoothly. The project preset of "AVCHD Lite 720p60" works well for 1080p60 source files. Using some of the other choices that look more obvious, because the "1080" number is in the title, do not work as well because you are alerted to do additional in workflow "rendering" for smooth viewing.

When it comes time to render the final product, there are all the expected choices to optimize for the viewing device or method. However, the one that confused me for months was getting a 1080p60 file of the same quality as the original. The choice is Share>Computer>AVCHD>Presets: MP4 - H264 1920 x 1080p 30>Advanced>Frame rate>59.94. It does not output to a .m2ts, instead it creates an MPEG 4, which I think I understand uses the h264 codec.

The reality is that trying to rendering to 1080p60 files is rarely needed. It's OK for playing on a media player or computer, but it does not help make BDs, AVCHD Disks, YouTube files or Vimeo files. PE 10 has choices optimized for those directly.

Bill
Moose1850 likes this.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page