Best options for shooting video of my kids? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-29-2012, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What I will be shooting is sporting events, Disney World visits, and such. I guess what I am looking for is the best Daddy-cam. I don't need 3D, although I have 3D displays, but what I am really looking for is something with excellent steady shot capability because I have shaky hands, works well in high or low light, can zom while filming without serious degradation of picture quality, etc. Sounds isn't super important and neither is a bunch of options. I just want something that will shoot very good video of my son's baseball games and family trips. I would like to keep it around $500 but I could certainly shell out more if the product is worth it.

Keep in mind I have very little knowledge in this field so if there are options I should have then please let me know. I will be using the camera with my Windows7 laptop, the Windows8 PC I am building next year, and directly through my HDTV sometimes if that matters. If you need anymore information just let me know and I will answer back. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 27
If you're willing to spend $700, the small but capable Sony HDR-GW77 is the camcorder to get:
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666458540

Check out this thread for more info:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1419847/sony-hdr-gw77-waterproof-dustproof-shockproof-small-hd-camcorder

You can hold the camcorder in your right hand and place thumb/fingers from the left hand on the outer left edge of the LCD screen to avoid shakiness.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfws View Post

You can hold the camcorder in your right hand and place thumb/fingers from the left hand on the outer left edge of the LCD screen to avoid shakiness.

it's small and pocketable. your kid can also use it and learn how to take video like us parents growing up taking still pictures with kodak camera.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 146
"your kid can also use it and learn how to take video like us parents growing up taking still pictures with kodak camera."

And, its shockproof and waterproof - kidproof!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the update guys, that certainly looks perfect for what I want. Thanks for the info guys. An extra $200 for that looks like a worthy investment.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:46 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
and, its shockproof and waterproof - kidproof!

and left or right handed person can use with ease.