Transferring and playing videos or films from my PC onto a Sony PJ10e camcorder with built in projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 08-06-2012, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I'm looking to transfer and play videos or films from my PC onto a Sony PJ10e camcorder with built in projector and watch on the wall. Tried replacing the sequential *.mts video file with one from my PC naming it the same, but it doesn't appear in the camcorder on screen menu.

Looked into changing the ID of the video file using mediainfo but no way I can edit it. Other files in the camcorder folder structure need to match with details I think in order to play on the camcorder.

Have tried it on the hard drive of the camera and the SD card inserted but no joy.

Anyone succeded of have suggestions worth trying?

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-10-2012, 02:03 AM

I don't think it's possible to transfer video from your PC back onto your camcorder.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-10-2012, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Looks like I'll have to point the camcorder and record the film from a TV or PC playing it back. At least I can connect the headphone socket on TV to the mic on camcorder so sound will be ok. Surely something will be found as time goes on........
post #4 of 10 Old 08-10-2012, 04:57 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Have you tried finding software that can convert whatever the oringal file is into a .mts file? How did you transer the file back to the camcorder? Did you use the software that came with it, if it came with any?

Also, can you not stream the file from the PC to your TV.

I doubt you'll be very happy with recording from a flickering TV screen and I'm not really sure how good the projector on one of these things is. It might be usable more for quick viewing than for full scale cinema replacing, if oyu follow me.

Seggers

Mits 73835, Denon X4000, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, the internet, a NAS drive, a TiVo Series 3 and an Oppo 103 (bye bye PS3). There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
post #5 of 10 Old 08-10-2012, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter

The original file is already .mts and the software from Sony is PMB (Picture Motion Browser) but seems only to work in one direction in getting files off the camcorder.
Obviously there is no 'official software' for doing this but wondered if anyone has had success.

Its not something to replace a cinema system experience but for occasional use perhaps on holiday or with a few friends round.

When I bought it I thought it would be a desirable extra to have the projector when compared with other HD camcorders.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-10-2012, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameski4 View Post

The original file is already .mts and the software from Sony is PMB (Picture Motion Browser) but seems only to work in one direction in getting files off the camcorder.
Obviously there is no 'official software' for doing this but wondered if anyone has had success.
Its not something to replace a cinema system experience but for occasional use perhaps on holiday or with a few friends round.
When I bought it I thought it would be a desirable extra to have the projector when compared with other HD camcorders.
Don't give up on PMB. Last fall I took video of a football game on both a Panasonic and Sony camcorder. The Sony PMB did not reject the .m2ts files from the Panasonic.

I think I remember doing it by adding a folder to PMB that had the Panasonic videos in it. Then I selected the clips I wanted and under Manipulate>Export I put them on the Sony camera via USB. I took the camera to my son's house and used it as a video player plugged into his TV.

It was a one time thing. I seem to remember that PMB let me combine the clips from the two cameras as well.

Bill
post #7 of 10 Old 08-10-2012, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 127
"The original file is already .mts and the software from Sony is PMB (Picture Motion Browser) but seems only to work in one direction in getting files off the camcorder." No, two ways.

In the free successor to PMB, Play Memories Home, you can "export" your edited video to an "external device". That "device" can be an sd card. You should be able to take that sd card, to which you exported your video, and play it on your Sony camcorder.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-18-2012, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

But in all of this it will only let you put back on the camcorder files which originated from it.
No way does it allow you to convert an avi that originated on the PC to m2ts and play that back on the camcorder which is what I stated I wanted to do in the first post.

I cannot merge a file from the camera with a file from my PC and transfer it to the SD card or camcorder, it recognises the difference.
I'm really trying to use the projector to play media I want to chooose not the Sony/Panasonic only files.....
post #9 of 10 Old 08-20-2012, 05:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I hate to say this, but you've probably tried to exceed what the camcorder was designed to do. I will say that I don't know that unit at all, but it may well be designed to only play those files that it originated.

If you want to project other files, you will - most likely - have to get a *real* projector....

Seggers

Mits 73835, Denon X4000, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, the internet, a NAS drive, a TiVo Series 3 and an Oppo 103 (bye bye PS3). There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
post #10 of 10 Old 08-23-2012, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
If you already have a .MTS file, then bypass the software and write the file directly to a memory card (My Computer on Win), pop the card in the camcorder and see if it reads it. That's what I would do. Let us know if it works, would be cool to have on a plane or camping trip. ;-)

If it's not an .MTS file, use a third party software package or a video editing package to convert it to .MTS. Vegas, Premiere Pro and Video Studio all have that capability built in.

Now that's how you supposed to drive!

Onkyo TX-NR807, Polk LSi15, Polk LSiC, Polk LSiF/X

Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page