Well we went out camping this weekend and used the camcorders. I filmed my husband cooking on the smoker. My next step is to play around with it on Premiere and see if I can make something out of it. The camcorders were pretty easy to use and I was able to plug them into the TV in the RV to watch what I had filmed.
Several issues that I encountered this weekend:
1. Battery: I am seriously going to have to buy several backup batteries and a charger. We ran out of power pretty fast and had to charge in the middle of everything.
2. Mic: Definitely need a better mic. Outside shots didn't sound that great.
3. Lighting: My shots outside definitely need some help. If I am trying to get a shot of my subject's whole body, I lost the face. You can barely see his face. This happened outside where there was a lot of light. What do you do in these instances?
4. Tripod: I have to get better at using this.
5. Script: We waste a lot of time re-filming because we did not have a plan about what we wanted to say. It is funny because you get in front of the camera and you are like "Duh!!...blank." LOL!
Overall...It was fun...but we have a lot to learn. I am seeing the limitations of the camcorders even after only one use but I am not wanting to spend ten thousand bucks on a camera....so it is what it is!