50/60P - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-18-2012, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Yes i am interested in what 50P users do with their footage,other than watching on media centre or for online films its limited,on this site there was a small discussion on it.
HX9 whats the best way to archive 1080p to keep for future viewing?: Sony Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

There is a simple solution that I use and that is a Western Digital Live TV box. Simply copy the 1080p video files on to a thumb drive or USB hard drive and it plays no problem. Looks beautiful on a big LCD or plasma TV.WAS one of the suggestions but i far prefer to make edited blu rays which are not 50P compatible,the camera i use has 25P in a wrapper[bd compatible]so its unlikely i will bother with the next model that will almost certainly have 50P as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-18-2012, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1009&message=39317464
the link that wont work onthe first thread.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-18-2012, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintyplus View Post

Yes i am interested in what 50P users do with their footage,other than watching on media centre or for online films its limited,on this site there was a small discussion on it.
HX9 whats the best way to archive 1080p to keep for future viewing?: Sony Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
There is a simple solution that I use and that is a Western Digital Live TV box. Simply copy the 1080p video files on to a thumb drive or USB hard drive and it plays no problem. Looks beautiful on a big LCD or plasma TV.WAS one of the suggestions but i far prefer to make edited blu rays which are not 50P compatible,the camera i use has 25P in a wrapper[bd compatible]so its unlikely i will bother with the next model that will almost certainly have 50P as well.

You can use the free applications multiAVCHD & ImgBurn to author & burn non compliant 1080 50/60P AVCHD(DVD) & Blu-ray(BD) discs
with full Menu & Chapters. As MultiAVCHD is only an AVCHD & Blu-ray Authoring application no Transitions. Transitions must be added when editing.
The authored AVCHD & BD Media plays without any problems on my Sony PS3 and Samsung BD-C6900.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-18-2012, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 124
You can burn compliant AVCHD 2.0 108060(50)p blurays using Sony's Play Memories software, as long as you edit (trim and cut) and combine the video files within the program (which does no recompressions and thus preserves the original quality). Such blurays should play in newer Sony and Panasonic bluray players. No menus though.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-18-2012, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Flinty,

50p/60p is a dilemma that is getting a little better. It was not included in AVCHD 1.0 but was added to AVCHD 2.0 about a year ago. So, software and players are starting to work better with it.

You can:
- Copy the 50/60p files directly to a DVD as a data file. Newer Sony and Panasonic Blu-Ray players will play them as a data file. Note that this is NOT a Blu-Ray disk.
- Copy the files directly to a thumb drive or SD card as data. Those will play in newer Panasonic and Sony Blu-Ray players. The Panasonics have a SD card slot!
- Use software that came with your camera to make AVCHD disks. You can put up to about 30 minutes of HD on an ordinary DVD. My software makes "i" out of it, but the "p" files can stay safely archived somewhere. The AVCHD disks play in many older and all newer Blu-Ray players.
- If you have the bandwidth and patience, you can upload a 50/60p file to YouTube (I think!) and Vimeo (for sure.) But their software has to mash it up for distribution.
- Use inexpensive NLE software like the cheap versions of Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier to make optimized output for any viewing method from an iPod up.
- By a HDMI cord long enough to got from your laptop to your TV. Use something like Splash Lite as a player.

For me, I like to have a external HDD with copies of my favorite stuff as a backup. It is very easy to leave it plugged in to a WD TV Live media player (not the one with it's own HDD). The media player has a nice menu system and remote for convenient 50/60p playback.

Bill
post #6 of 6 Old 08-19-2012, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

All my footage unedited files and edited films are on separate external drives,regarding the BD suggestions it is one way but they would not be true Blu Rays,at present i am happy with the Blu Rays i make from Pal 25P which is ok being in a 25P wrapper.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page