Prosumer Camcorders - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-20-2012, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking to get a new camcorder and came across prosumer camcorders. What are the features which go into making the best prosumer camcorders?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-20-2012, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Welcome to the forum.

I don't mean to be rude, but you are not going to get many answers. Your question is too vague. Most of the current quality camcorders on the market now have owners that have spent hours learning their cameras and posting their knowledge. All of that knowledge is free for the reading. I suggest you read the busy topics here from beginning to end.

That said, camcorders are made to make video. The trend is for everything to make video from a smartphone up. The cheapest cameras are capable of video good enough for YouTube. You can take good video with anything.

As you climb the price point ladder you get more zoom, low light performance, stabilization, audio control and software. Frankly, you can pick any dollar amount, go to a store and buy a Canon, Panasonic or Sony and get a good camera or camcorder that takes good video.

Don't get confused about the size and shape. My current favorite for taking video fits in my pocket and looks nothing like the "prosumer" camcorder I bought two years ago that I now get out for "special occasions".

Good luck.

If you are more specific about your questions, you will get far better answers here.

Bill
post #3 of 3 Old 11-07-2012, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 93
If this thread is still alive, a nice overview of current "consumer" camcorders was posted here today: 2012-CamcorderInfo-Best-of-Year-Awards.

Bill
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page