1st HD camcorder buy - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-20-2012, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey folks. Wilson here in sunny england. I'm looking to get my first HD camcorder and throw away my old sony DV tape corder.
I've always stuck with sony for AV stuff and i've been looking at the Sony HDR-CX250E. But i've been reading some reviews and they have steered me towards the panasonic x800.
The panasonic is more expensive but has a 5point giro for image stability, also has 3 CMOS sensors compaired to sony's 1.

I am not interested in 3d, and the camera will be used for holidays and trips out.
Is it worth the extra money and go for the panasonic, or will the sony be fine for what i want to use it for. I dont mind spending the extra money for quality/features, but not if i'm not likely to use them.

Your help, views, and boo's are greatly appreciated.

Wilson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-20-2012, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Welcome to the forum.

My standard answer for this type of question is that both camcorders are good pieces of equipment. Great video can come from either one if the person holding it can figure out where and when to point it.

If the budget does not mind, get the more expensive one. If it does hurt to spend the extra money, you can still be a good vidoegrapher with the cheaper camcorder.

Bill
post #3 of 3 Old 09-21-2012, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hi Wilson - the X800 is a great camcorder, but a little dear. I have the older Panasonic TM900, which is fantastic, but the X800 seems a little overpriced for what it offers.

Have you looked at the Sony HDR-CX570? About £100 less than the Panasonic, it has focus peaking - as well as microphone and headphone jacks (which the Panasonic does not), a higher resolution LCD display, and very capable 3 axis Optical Steady Shot.

Here is a side-by-side comparison of the X800, the CX570 and the CX250 from slashcam that you may find helpful: http://camcorder-test.slashcam.com/compare-18de4a5edadf2ec5582155a089f25f02.html

Cheers,

Bill B. (the other Bill)
Hybrid Camera Revolution
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page