My second video...Questions about mics and camera - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-30-2012, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just finished my second video with my new Panasonic camcorders. I am having trouble with the wireless mic because it sounds a little static. I am also having trouble with my camera shots...It is hard to get close enough to see my expressions but at the same time seeing what I am doing in the video. Is this a problem with my camera lens not being all that great?

Here is my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLFbP1qMiNI&feature=plcp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-30-2012, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy703 View Post

I just finished my second video with my new Panasonic camcorders. I am having trouble with the wireless mic because it sounds a little static. I am also having trouble with my camera shots...It is hard to get close enough to see my expressions but at the same time seeing what I am doing in the video. Is this a problem with my camera lens not being all that great?
Here is my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLFbP1qMiNI&feature=plcp

Light years ahead of your first video, Amy! As I said in the comments section of the video, your lighting looks great - and the picture was clear on my screen at 1080p. But you're right about the audio - it sounds more to me like 'clothing noise' than static, though.

Here is the best article I have seen on preventing clothing noise with a lavalier: http://filmunderground.com/46/Article/NWFS/mics%20-%20lavalier.htm

There are also some good tips in this thread from a pro audio forum: http://socialsounddesign.com/questions/6140/lav-mic-mounting-tips

Hope this is helpful!

Bill
post #3 of 4 Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks! I will check those links out. It is funny because I am not quite comfortable in front of the camera yet. It is noticable because I do not look at the camera hardly at all. I guess it will get better the more videos I film. We are going camping trip this upcoming weekend so I am planning on doing some more videos.

Thanks for all your advice! I guess I didn't realize how much work goes into making a simple 5 to 10 minute video. Hopefully it will improve as time goes by. Did you notice the glare on the cabinet behind me? I had a hard time with that because it would not go away. It is funny because as it got dark outside you can see my husbands relection in the window with the camera.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-01-2012, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Yes, it is hard to relax in front of the camera - you'll certainly get better with practice. But we amateur combo producers/writers/directors/camerapeople/lighting gaffers/sound engineers/on-camera talent shouldn't be so hard on ourselves, the pros have a lot more people on the set doing what you and your husband are doing on your own.

You guys deserve nothing but praise and encouragement for putting your show up on the internet for the world to see - but it does help us realize that it takes a lot of work for the TV folks to make it look so effortless.

Best,

Bill
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page