Need a camcorder for work - help choosing! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-03-2012, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there. I'm looking to buy a camcorder for work as we're trying to create some video content for our site, youtube channel and cross promotion with other brands. I have minimal experience in filming. So far for creating my videos I've been using my iPhone camera and Windows Movie Maker (I think that tells you enough), but we're to start creating content on a regular basis and I need equipment which will give me good quality content and longer battery life than an iphone. I have very shaky hands!

Please could you help with choosing the right camera. Budget up to $300, but wouldn't mind paying less or a little more if the quality justifies it!

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to reading your recommendations!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by arevena View Post

Hi there. I'm looking to buy a camcorder for work as we're trying to create some video content for our site, youtube channel and cross promotion with other brands. I have minimal experience in filming. So far for creating my videos I've been using my iPhone camera and Windows Movie Maker (I think that tells you enough), but we're to start creating content on a regular basis and I need equipment which will give me good quality content and longer battery life than an iphone. I have very shaky hands!
Please could you help with choosing the right camera. Budget up to $300, but wouldn't mind paying less or a little more if the quality justifies it!
Thanks a lot! Looking forward to reading your recommendations!

Hi aravena - at your price point, I recommend the $295 Canon HF R300. The Sony CX190 and the Panasonic X500 are fine cameras, but the HF R300 is the only camera in its class with external mic and headphone jacks - which would be important if you ever want to record relatively clean sound in your videos.

At some point, you'll probably want some sort of tripod (If you have shaky hands smile.gif) - but the HF R300 is a great camera and will get you started.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page