Hello, a newbie yes :) - How do I get an MP4 out of this camera? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-23-2012, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,

I am delighted there is a forum just for my new camcorder (Panasonic HC V700).

Well, my first post. I have no idea how this forum actually works. Does it have a FAQ section?... I got my camera two days ago ($379.90/Amazon). Yes wonderful and easy to use but got stuck now. I have been able to download the AVCHD movies to my PC via the USB cable and the HD Writer AE 4.0 software. I can play them on my PC as much as I like it and even tried a bit of editing, but how in heck do get MP4s (and other formats) out of them? I have read the Owner's Manual enough already but I am still confused!... It's just not clear enough for me yet. YouTube has nothing on the "how to's" for the camera.

Can anyone recommend a website, videos, etc where the process of downloading from the camcorder and getting a MP4 video out of it is clearly shown in great detail? a VIDEO is what we need! where "how to" use this camera is explained in more clear terms, than in the manual... How about you talented guys start building a resource with the basics for the "rest of us"? you know... the dumb ones LOL.

I like making tutorials, so I don't mind making one real quick as soon as I know how and put it in YouTube. In fact I am surprised given the popularity of the camera, that these movies are not already in YouTube... am I wrong?

TIA

ElBuscador
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-23-2012, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got it. Created my first MP4.

Goodbye.
Reply Camcorders