HDR-PJ710 vs HC-X900M (or other?) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-04-2012, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am currently in the market for a new camcorder. My price range is +/- $1,000. The camcorder will be a general use camcorder, but will also be used for amature film making. Low light is quite important to me.

I've been pretty far gone from the world of camcorders since I sold my sony vx2000 A few years back, and it seems a lot has changed since then.

In watching youtube videos (for what good they do), reading reviews and forum posts, and comparing specs, the two camcorders I'm eyeballing the hardest at the moment are the Sony PJ710V and the Panasonic X900M. (I am open to other suggestions and not opposed to used gear). I honestly couldn't care less about the projector on the sony, but the OIS fascinated me when I saw it, and back in 07-08, sony had the best low light picture quality of the cameras in the same price range... but I'm also hearing good things about the x900 and the price is about $400 less.

Thoughts, opinions, or other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-27-2012, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
interested on this too. anyone?
post #3 of 4 Old 12-27-2012, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadelight View Post

I'm eyeballing the hardest at the moment are the Sony PJ710V and the Panasonic X900M. (I am open to other suggestions and not opposed to used gear). I honestly couldn't care less about the projector on the sony, but the OIS fascinated me when I saw it, and back in 07-08, sony had the best low light picture quality of the cameras in the same price range... but I'm also hearing good things about the x900 and the price is about $400 less.

i have sony xr550, gw77 and panasonic tm700 camcorder... and use both sony camcorder 99% of the time...

get the sony pj710... batteries are compatible.. and files compatible... if put on same folder to render... so if you decide to upgrade later to sony cx760... you don't need to buy spare batteries...
post #4 of 4 Old 12-27-2012, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadelight View Post

I am currently in the market for a new camcorder. My price range is +/- $1,000. The camcorder will be a general use camcorder, but will also be used for amature film making. Low light is quite important to me.
I've been pretty far gone from the world of camcorders since I sold my sony vx2000 A few years back, and it seems a lot has changed since then.
In watching youtube videos (for what good they do), reading reviews and forum posts, and comparing specs, the two camcorders I'm eyeballing the hardest at the moment are the Sony PJ710V and the Panasonic X900M. (I am open to other suggestions and not opposed to used gear). I honestly couldn't care less about the projector on the sony, but the OIS fascinated me when I saw it, and back in 07-08, sony had the best low light picture quality of the cameras in the same price range... but I'm also hearing good things about the x900 and the price is about $400 less.

Here is a video taken by the CX760V (same as the pj710 ) at night:

https://vimeo.com/55581986

Here is a video that makes use of the superb CX760 OIS (extended telephoto, panning and zooming all handheld, in relatively low light):

https://vimeo.com/56298693
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page