Return Samsung HMX-QF20 and replace it with...? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-19-2012, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone. My wife and I celebrated Xmas a bit early since I will be traveling over the holidays. She noticed that I tend to look at camcorders a lot when I go into best buy. I never really had an intention to purchase one, but for as a gift she purchased a Samsung HMX-QF20 for me.

While it seems like a nice camcorder - I am a mac user and wifi backups dont work on the mac. Likewise, Im not very thrilled with the picture quality and how it upscales the resolution. With her blessing I will be returning it and have that money to use toward the purchase of a different model.

I am not interested in spending several hundred $$ over what this cost - so my range will be around $300-$500. The wifi functionality interested be - but whats important to me is nice, fluid video with that crispness. I honestly know nothing about camcorders and tried to do some research myself - but it seems like every review site suggests I need to spend $1k+ to get anything decent.

Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-19-2012, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Within your budget, theirs the Panasonic V700 and the Canon M500. For about $100 over your budget if you buy quick enough is the X900. That might not say at $600 for much longer.

My Youtube page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Flickr page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 12-19-2012, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Good recommendations. An extra hundered for the X900 is well worth it; that camcorder is one of the best, comparable to camcorders costing $1000+.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-20-2012, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone. Thanks for the replies. I was actually originally looking at the Panasonic V500M. The reason is because of the in store credit Best Buy might give me and thats what they carry - but if they just give me money back then I will certainly start looking elsewhere. I did read about the V700 as well, but they didnt carry it. It sounded like a worthwhile upgrade, though.

I assume by X900 you mean the Panasonic X900, not the JVC X900? I see the Panasonic X900 for about $600 on B&H. That is a bit out of my budget, maybe. Ill have to give it some thought.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page