Panasonic HC-V700 Numbers Reset - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-27-2012, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am not able to figure out how to have the file numbers of the movies i transfer from the V700 to my iMAC NOT reset once I have transferred them. Lets say I shot 4 movies today and transferred them from the SD card to my mac, I would see 4 mts files, 000 to 003. I use ClipWrap and now have 4 files I can view. I delete the 4 files. If I shoot 4 more movies and transfer them to my mac, they have the same file numbers, 000 to 003 as the prior 4 movies. If I save them into the same folder my prior 4 movies will be overwritten. Is there a way to NOT have the numbers reset but rather continue on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-27-2012, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmarcelo View Post

I am not able to figure out how to have the file numbers of the movies i transfer from the V700 to my iMAC NOT reset once I have transferred them. Lets say I shot 4 movies today and transferred them from the SD card to my mac, I would see 4 mts files, 000 to 003. I use ClipWrap and now have 4 files I can view. I delete the 4 files. If I shoot 4 more movies and transfer them to my mac, they have the same file numbers, 000 to 003 as the prior 4 movies. If I save them into the same folder my prior 4 movies will be overwritten. Is there a way to NOT have the numbers reset but rather continue on?
Some camcorders have an option for continuous file numbering, others do not. Check with your operation manual. In any case, you can have only 10^5 unique numbers, then it will roll over again.

The easy solution to NOT write files into the same location on a computer.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-28-2012, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There is a number reset option that I did not choose but after I transfer the videos from the camera to the mac then delete the videos from the card it does not continue on from the last file transferred. Is it normal to have to create a different folder every time new video is transferred? What is the point of the number reset feature?
Reply Camcorders