My V700 Arrived Today - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I registered here a number of years ago but haven't been around too much for the past year or so until just a few months ago when I started looking for a new camcorder.

I started doing video with Super 8 film. Later I got a Sony camcorder (don't remember the model). It used mini tape cassettes.

Then I upgraded to a Panasonic PD-DV953. Didn't keep it long; sent it back and replaced it with a Panasonic PV-GS400. Used that for several years. Then I got a Canon HG10. Gave it to my step-son. Bought a Sanyo HD2000. Sold that a year ago and haven't had a camcorder since. However even without a camcorder I continued to shoot videos using a variety of cameras, most recently a Panasonic GH2 hacked with FlowMotion 2.02 to record video at 100 mbps.

But recently I got the urge to get another camcorder since we are getting ready to take a trip. After comparing current models and deciding what my budget will be (and considering I have had good results with Panasonic cameras and camcorders), I picked the V700. So voila, here we are. Just got the package today from Newegg.com this afternoon.

And here is my first effort with the V700 and Cyberlink PowerDirector 11.

https://vimeo.com/57029656

This is the 316th video I have posted on Vimeo ( and I don't post every video I make), so my cameras and camcorders get a work out.

What I like so far:

* great OIS
* small size

What I don't like so far:

* different numbering systems for stills and videos. I like to mix the stills and videos and this numbering system makes it more difficult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-08-2013, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Flint View Post

* different numbering systems for stills and videos. I like to mix the stills and videos and this numbering system makes it more difficult.

my sony gw77 camcorder allows video file numbering system via data code... the trick is to connect the usb to computer and copy the dated folder to computer....

however if you remove the memory card and use memory card reader to transfer video files to computer... the files number is based on mts001...mts 002... so if you have two gw77 shot video on same date and time... it will take time for figure out which date and time taken....

best is go sony.... just my opinion
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page