The Official Panasonic HC-V720 Owners Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 279 Old 12-01-2014, 06:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
guys i cant format the card in the camera because i cant click the format icon. why ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 279 Old 12-01-2014, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Are you using the right type of SD card? Check the manual. My guess is that you need no more than a Class 4 SDHC. It may not like the newer, larger, faster cards. For awhile, the most common cards were 32GB Class 10 and they have become pretty cheap.

Also, could it be the tiny plastic write protect tab on the card is in the "off" position?

It is also possible that you have a format issue. I think smaller cards prior to 64GB are "FAT32" and later, larger cards are ExFAT. Have you tried a smaller Class 10 card and doing a complete FAT32 reformat in you computer and then a camera format?

Good luck.
post #273 of 279 Old 12-05-2014, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i understood what u say but the fact is that the card which now dont work and shows me card check before that it was working fine. i dont know whats happening.
post #274 of 279 Old 12-05-2014, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Good luck. You may need a new camera!
post #275 of 279 Old 04-03-2015, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi,
wanted to get feedback from other v720 owners on a couple of things.

Has anyone used a circular polarizer especially the kind that blocks UV as well and noitced any improvement in daylight video ?

Is the playback quality of the camera via hdmi as good as playing the recorded files on the memory card from any blu ray player or TV ? I record in 1080/60p only.

Thanks.
post #276 of 279 Old 06-09-2015, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
V720 IP Streaming

Hi, We've got a V720 which we bought partly with the dream of being able to stream video wirelessly back to a laptop for live broadcasting of video in our church environment.

However looks so far like we were being a bit optimistic because our experiences with Ustream have been patchy and really what we're trying to do is use it like a wireless webcam so that Windows would see it as a webcam. That way we could use it with our presentation software which displays images/video/powerpoints etc on a big projected screen.

Just though I'd post to see if anyone knew if this was possible somehow?
post #277 of 279 Old 06-09-2015, 07:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post
Are you using the right type of SD card? Check the manual. My guess is that you need no more than a Class 4 SDHC. It may not like the newer, larger, faster cards. For awhile, the most common cards were 32GB Class 10 and they have become pretty cheap.

Also, could it be the tiny plastic write protect tab on the card is in the "off" position?

It is also possible that you have a format issue. I think smaller cards prior to 64GB are "FAT32" and later, larger cards are ExFAT. Have you tried a smaller Class 10 card and doing a complete FAT32 reformat in you computer and then a camera format?

Good luck.
If the write protect is switched, a message comes up "CARD LOCKED" and the Format Media icon is greyed out. A Class 4 SDHC card will work fine, the only time you need a Class 10 card is when the Slow Motion option is activated. But, as noted, Class 10 cards are the most common. The largest SD card recommended is a 64GB SDXC card. I use two 32GB Class 10 cards and this is more than adequate for a day's shoot.
The two reformats are a good idea BUT remember you must do the final format in the camera as this sets up a number of folders on the card to store video, still photos (JPEG) and certain housekeeping files.
post #278 of 279 Old 06-09-2015, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseworldtour View Post
Hi, We've got a V720 which we bought partly with the dream of being able to stream video wirelessly back to a laptop for live broadcasting of video in our church environment.

However looks so far like we were being a bit optimistic because our experiences with Ustream have been patchy and really what we're trying to do is use it like a wireless webcam so that Windows would see it as a webcam. That way we could use it with our presentation software which displays images/video/powerpoints etc on a big projected screen.

Have you tried setting it up as a HOME MONITOR?
post #279 of 279 Old 06-09-2015, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseworldtour View Post

This is possible. It is what UStream is for. What you can't do is have an interactive session just like Skype. It is only one way.
Reply Camcorders

Tags
Panasonic Hc V720 3d Ready 1mos Hd Digital Camcorder
Gear in this thread - V720 by PriceGrabber.com