The Official Panasonic HC-V720 Owners Thread - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 234 Old 02-22-2014, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey guys I just got the V720 and i'm having problems getting it to work with Ustream and my computer. I can't get Adobe Flash to recognize the camera. Anyone else run into this problem? I have the Wi-Fi set up correctly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 234 Old 02-24-2014, 06:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You can only stream directely to ustream from the camera. If you wish to plug the camera to your computer to use a broadcasting program (Wirecast, Open Broadcaster software or Flash) you have to connect the camera to an encoder (Black Magic or AverMedia) and from the encoder to your computer.

All the best
Jesper
post #213 of 234 Old 02-27-2014, 08:57 PM

Hi.. I recently purchased a hc v 720.. I had purchased it to record my lectures that I provide to students in my training centre. 

Is there a suitable external microphone (other than panasonic) that I can use for recording my lectures. Can you provide me the specs for the microphone. 

post #214 of 234 Old 02-28-2014, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by padsalwaysthere View Post

Hi.. I recently purchased a hc v 720.. I had purchased it to record my lectures that I provide to students in my training centre. 
Is there a suitable external microphone (other than panasonic) that I can use for recording my lectures. Can you provide me the specs for the microphone. 
Welcome to the forum!

As many will say, the hard part of video is audio! Besides Panasonic, there are several brands of mics. Leading brands that come to mind are Rhode and AudioTechna.

Without know a little more about your situation, few here will be able to help much. What is the room like? How far away is the camera? How much background noise is there? What is wrong with the audio that the camera is recording with it's built in mic?

Good luck!
Yury C likes this.
post #215 of 234 Old 03-04-2014, 09:42 PM

Thanks a ton bsprague... The room is roughly 600 sq ft and the camera would be positioned about 10 - 12 ft away from the speaker. I haven't tried with the built-in mic as I assumed that the surrounding noise may deteriorate the quality of the audio.. 

It would be great if you can mention the specifications for a suitable mic can be provided, as I am not sure whether the brands available in US and Europe would be available in India.. 

post #216 of 234 Old 03-04-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

Welcome to the forum!

As many will say, the hard part of video is audio! Besides Panasonic, there are several brands of mics. Leading brands that come to mind are Rhode and AudioTechna.

Without know a little more about your situation, few here will be able to help much. What is the room like? How far away is the camera? How much background noise is there? What is wrong with the audio that the camera is recording with it's built in mic?

Good luck!

Thanks a ton bsprague... The room is roughly 600 sq ft and the camera would be positioned about 10 - 12 ft away from the speaker. I haven't tried with the built-in mic as I assumed that the surrounding noise may deteriorate the quality of the audio.. 

It would be great if you can mention the specifications for a suitable mic can be provided, as I am not sure whether the brands available in US and Europe would be available in India.. 

post #217 of 234 Old 03-05-2014, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Try something like one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GYPS3M/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=5UYKHOCXT09L&coliid=I1AVQ4NFQ998UP

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR-3350-Omnidirectional-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B002HJ9PTO/ref=pd_cp_MI_2

Be sure you check the diameter of the plug in on the camera. You may need an adapter if the mic plug is the wrong size.
Yury C likes this.
post #218 of 234 Old 03-07-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

Try something like one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GYPS3M/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=5UYKHOCXT09L&coliid=I1AVQ4NFQ998UP

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR-3350-Omnidirectional-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B002HJ9PTO/ref=pd_cp_MI_2

Be sure you check the diameter of the plug in on the camera. You may need an adapter if the mic plug is the wrong size.

thanks a lot.. will check n update..

post #219 of 234 Old 03-11-2014, 12:28 PM

Is there any other way how to watch video from PC on camcoder than ustream? I dont want watch from tablet or smartphone. Only from PC. If I discovered that ustream has only 30 day trial period so I was pretty pissed off.

Tried VLC player as DLNA client but no luck.

I will be grateful for any advice
post #220 of 234 Old 03-15-2014, 06:02 AM

Liked: 11
I have been shooting a lot of nature with my v720, and noticed that the clouds and skies are darker and more purple than with my old TM80.

I tried flipping Backlight Compensation to On and it made the skies so much brighter and more natural! Can someone explain this feature to me, and why it is off by default?
When to use, and when not to use?

For outdoor scenes, what are your recommended settings? I shoot in 1050p, iZoom50 (sometimes go digital for faraway animals), face recog ON and face framing: all. Hybrid O.I.S is on, and no guidelines, gage or AGS.

It was the backlight compensation that really made my outdoor shots look more light and natural though. Kinda sad I just found it after returning from a long outdoors holiday. :-)

Unrelated: clipping pictures out of the videos with Panasonics HD Writer program produces vastly poorer scene-grabs than earlier. Where I would have the screenshots at about 2MB with my TM80, they are ½MB now. Is this a software issue - should I go back to an earlier version of HD Writer?
Yury C likes this.
post #221 of 234 Old 03-25-2014, 07:55 PM

can the panasonic record clips while also reviewing on an ipad.

I am a football coach looking for a camera that can record while reviewing plays on the sideline via ipad.

we pause in between each play and would like to continue to record the game while also looking at previous clips on ipad.

has anyone tried this.

i have searched the forums but not a lot of people using the camera for what i want.
post #222 of 234 Old 03-28-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragondk View Post

Can someone explain this feature to me, and why it is off by default?
When to use, and when not to use?

Backlight compensation is to be used when your subject is in front of something very bright, like a sunny window. Putting the camera in Backlight Compensation mode tells the camera to adjust the iris and shutter speed for darker portions of the image to make them more visible.
post #223 of 234 Old 04-17-2014, 10:20 AM

What software do you all use to stitch several AVCHD files together seamlessly without re-encoding?
post #224 of 234 Old 04-17-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastquark View Post

What software do you all use to stitch several AVCHD files together seamlessly without re-encoding?

TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 is the only software that does what you want correctly. I used it for all my AVCHD videos.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tmsr4.html
lastquark likes this.
post #225 of 234 Old 05-08-2014, 01:39 PM

Hello Prague,

I'm sorry i write here, but i saw you know lots about this Panasonic. I just bought the cam, i need it only for live streaming, i have a Avermedia capture card, i don't wanna use wi-fi, only through the pc. But on the image, the live image, where i broadcast, it can be seen too the logo, IA,IA+, MNL, etc. Would you please be so kind to tell me, how can i remove the logo?

THank you

post #226 of 234 Old 05-08-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogarafgan View Post

Hello Prague,
I'm sorry i write here, but i saw you know lots about this Panasonic. I just bought the cam, i need it only for live streaming, i have a Avermedia capture card, i don't wanna use wi-fi, only through the pc. But on the image, the live image, where i broadcast, it can be seen too the logo, IA,IA+, MNL, etc. Would you please be so kind to tell me, how can i remove the logo?
THank you
I don't have a 720. I have a similar Panasonic that came with a remote control. It has a display button that changes the screen for direct playback on a TV. One choice is clear of all logos and symbols. The camera itself does not have that choice.

Hope that helps.

Good luck...
post #227 of 234 Old 05-09-2014, 05:53 AM

Thank you Prague for answer!

So i need a remote?!!! Lol, it doesn't have, what can i do? :(

post #228 of 234 Old 05-09-2014, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm familiar with an earlier model of the 720 and am guessing a little. On mine you could turn almost everything off from the camera menu. For the last piece you had to use the remote that was included. Your 720 is bound to be a little different.

Try looking on page 101 of this manual: http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/HCV720_ADV.PDF

It says Menu > [SETUP] > [EXT. DISPLAY] > OFF

Does that do what you want?
post #229 of 234 Old 05-09-2014, 03:26 PM

Thank you Prague,

I talked today with my Romanian Panasonic representative and he thought me the same, with a try on TV. I mean i can see on my LCD the icon, but on the external display should not be seen in the MNL mod. Hope i solved it with your help. THank you very much and have a lovely day, night, whatever is on the road :)

post #230 of 234 Old 05-10-2014, 12:00 AM

Hi ogarafgan

I use the v720 for live streaming as well (with AverMedia Live Gamer Portable). It works great. You can remove all the information on the screen so you only see the picture on the computer. What streaming software do you use (I'm just curious).

One of my recorded live streamings can be seen here (with the v720)
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/45640840

All the best
Jesper
post #231 of 234 Old 06-24-2014, 06:25 AM

Liked: 0
Hi everyone

I am considering purchasing the V720.

I will use the camera for the following:

a) Filming family type material (e.g. my 2 young kids, birthday parties, vacations, dogs etc)
b) Short film making

Now, I'm very interested in making the films look as good (and as professional looking) as possible.
Particularly for point (b) above.
And to that end, I want to achive decent looking "professional" footage- i.e. with nice shallow depth of field and cinematic 24fps.

My budget is $900

Will the v720 be able to give me this?

j
post #232 of 234 Old 06-24-2014, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenting View Post
........I want to achive decent looking "professional" footage- i.e. with nice shallow depth of field and cinematic 24fps.

Will the v720 be able to give me this?
Welcome to the forum!

I don't recall if the v720 can shoot 24fps.

To get the "professional" shallow depth of field requires bigger diameter lenses which, in turn, require bigger sensors. That is why "professional" cameras cost so much. It is also why a few DSLRs from Canon are popular with "independent" film makers.

A compromise for the lowest budgets may be available from some mirrorless cameras. The Canon EOS M, although discontinued, is still available for under $400. It was demonstrated as a capable video camera in its own thread here months ago. Basically, it uses the larger sensors and lenses from the Canon system to provide you with the shallow depth of field options.

Similar depth of field control can come from the M43 (micro four thirds) system used by Olympus and Panasonic. Well past your budget is the GH4 from Panasonic that is getting positive excitement from "professionals". Withing the large family of the GH4 cousins there are cameras within your budget.
post #233 of 234 Old 06-26-2014, 03:10 AM

Liked: 0
After some research, i see that the EOS-m is basically a smaller more compact version of the 650d, and the compact size is what many people like about it.

But for me, the size of the camera is not really a factor.
Also, i see there are a few places where the prices are similar - so the M is not significantly cheaper.

So is there any other reason besides compact size and cost, that one would recommend the eos-m over the 650d for videography purposes ?
post #234 of 234 Old 06-26-2014, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenting View Post
So is there any other reason besides compact size and cost, that one would recommend the eos-m over the 650d for videography purposes ?
The video quality is pretty much going to be the same. Note the viewfinder on the T4i is not active during video.

Comparison:
http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-EO...anon-Rebel-T4i
Reply Camcorders

Tags
Panasonic Hc V720 3d Ready 1mos Hd Digital Camcorder
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page