Looks like the new HC-V720 will be out in February, so I'll go ahead and start us a thread on it.
Some new features
* Newly Developed High Sensitivity Sensor and Crystal Engine Pro
* 28mm Wide-Angle with Intelligent 50x Zoom and Optical 21x Zoom
* Real Time Broadcasting via Ustream with Simultaneous Full-HD Recording
* NFC (Near Field Communication) connect a smartphone or tablet to a camcorder in one touch
* 5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S.+ and Level Shot Function
* 1080 Horizontal TV Lines Resolution
* 20.4 megapixel Still Image
* 5.1 surround sound recording
* Electronic level gauge
* Remote Shooting - By using the dedicated Panasonic Image App, you can remotely check audio recording, zoom IN/OUT and shutter ON/OFF, while viewing the live image on a smartphone or tablet.
* Home Monitoring - When you are away from home, you can monitor and record there with high-quality live video using your smartphone or tablet.
* Wireless TV Playback - An Access Point at home can be used to transfer data wirelessly to the TV or a tablet in the living room, kitchen or other rooms in the home and play back images on the large-screen TV.
* 5.1 Surround - The V720 Series is equipped with multiple electret condenser microphones. You get a realistic sound space that's a perfect match with the true-to-life HD images.
First "review" I could find - http://www.trustedreviews.com/panasonic-hc-v720_Camcorder_review#tr-review-summary
Info & Full Specs - http://panasonic.net/avc/camcorder/hd/v720/specifications.html
Image Sensor 1/2.33-type High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
Total Pixels 17.52 megapixels
Motion Image 4.14 megapixels [16:9] (Level Shot Function OFF)
Still Image 4.14 megapixels [16:9] / 3.24 megapixels [3:2] / 3.24 megapixels [4:3]
Standard IEEE 802.11b/g/n
Frequency 2.4GHz band
Standard Illumination 1400 lx
Minimum Illumination 3 lx (Scene Mode Low Light 1/25), 1 lx (Color Night View)
Focus Auto / Manual
Intelligent Zoom OFF 26 x
Intelligent Zoom ON 50 x
Digital Zoom 60 x / 1500 x (The maximum value of zoom magnification)
White Balance Auto / Indoor1 / Indoor2 / Sunny / Cloudy / White set
Motion Image [50p / 50i] / Auto Slow Shutter ON : 1/25 - 1/8000 / Auto Slow Shutter OFF : 1/50 - 1/8000
Still Image 1/2 - 1/2000
Iris Auto / Manual
Image Stabilizer HYBRID O.I.S.+ with Active Mode, O.I.S. Lock, Level Shot Function
Creative Control Miniature Effect, Silent Movie, 8mm Movie, Time Lapse Rec
Recording Media SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
Recording Format [AVCHD] AVCHD Progressive / [iFrame] MP4
Compression Method MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
Recording/ Playback Mode 1080/50p (28Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080) / PH (24Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080) / HA (17Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080) / HG (13Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080) / HE (5Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080) / iFrame (28Mbps / VBR), (960 x 540)
Audio Recording System 1080/50p, PH, HA, HG, HE: Dolby Digital (5.1ch / 2ch) / iFrame, MP4: AAC (2ch)
Microphone 5.1ch Surround, Zoom, Focus and Stereo Microphone
STILL IMAGE SECTION
Recording Image Size
Still Image [16:9] 20.4 megapixels (6016 x 3384), 9.4 megapixels (4096 x 2304), 2.1 megapixels (1920 x 1080) / [3:2] 15.1 megapixels (4752 x 3168), 8.0 megapixels (3456 x 2304), 2.0 megapixels (1728 x 1152) / [4:3] 15.1 megapixels (4480 x 3360), 5.8 megapixels (2784 x 2088), 0.3 megapixels (640 x 480)
Simultaneous Recording [16:9] 9.4 megapixels (4096 x 2304), 2.1 megapixels (1920 x 1080)
Recording Format JPEG (DCF/Exif2.2)
Looks like a nice upgrade, bring on the reviews... Will most likely be getting one soon, 1st grandchild on the way in Feb, time for a new camera.