post #31 of 37 Old 06-28-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortinaron View Post

Hi, if anybody's had problems when handling this camera inadvertantly changing ISO & WB settings, read on...
Ron,

Other than that, how do you like the camera?

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 06-29-2013, 04:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Bill, having had a fz150 previously which was excellent apart from the limitation of the varying lens aperture during zooming which this version overcomes with its constant f2.8 lens and the fact that the screen blanked out for two or three seconds at the start of each shot in movie mode causing real problems with moving subjects. This one does't suffer from any blackout at all. I do quite a lot of movie work so that is important to me. I like the improved viewfinder, I use it a lot more than on the previous camera, the bigger battery gives a longer run time which is quite useful as well. The many other minor tweaks have all helped to create an excellent product. My only disapointment was with the location of the WB & ISO buttons being so prominent and vulnerable to unintentional operation during normal handling, however the modification courtesy of Graham Houghton seems to overcome this quite nicely. Why Pana did not pick up on this with the preproduction samples I will never know. There are limitations imposed by the small sensor of course but that does't bother me to much, the cost of a camera with a significantly bigger one and the extra weight and inconvenience of separate lenses is not something I would consider now. Been there and done that in the past. I think that this camera strikes a good balance between size, weight, and picture quality, features and perfomance. In the end you pays your money and takes your choice!
Regards Ron.

Bedfordshire UK.
post #33 of 37 Old 06-29-2013, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Thank you Ron.
post #34 of 37 Old 06-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
As stated by Ron above, Graham has quite a few very informational videos using the FZ200 on YouTube. Helped me out a bunch.

Nice Stuff!
post #35 of 37 Old 06-29-2013, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Is there a digital camera with non-removable lens that has focus ring and allows manual focusing while shooting video? So far I found the DSC-RX1 ($2.8K) and Coolpix A ($1.1K). I wonder is there anything within $500 price range.
post #36 of 37 Old 06-30-2013, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post

Is there a digital camera with non-removable lens that has focus ring and allows manual focusing while shooting video? So far I found the DSC-RX1 ($2.8K) and Coolpix A ($1.1K). I wonder is there anything within $500 price range.

Why bother with focus rings when you can do a focus-pull while shooting using the touch screen? Just place your finger on the lcd where you want the camera to focus while shooting. Much more accurate than by hand cranking and looking, and the shift is smooth - not abrupt. Many cameras have this capability. Focus rings are yesterday smile.gif.

This brief video has three focus pulls using a touch screen (GW77). No way this could have been done better by a focus ring:

post #37 of 37 Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post

Why bother with focus rings when you can do a focus-pull while shooting using the touch screen? Just place your finger on the lcd where you want the camera to focus while shooting. Much more accurate than by hand cranking and looking, and the shift is smooth - not abrupt. Many cameras have this capability. Focus rings are yesterday smile.gif.
Touch focus works sometimes but not always. Tried it, still prefer a proper ring. Ok then, I shall start a separate thread.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page