Canon Legria HF G10 File Writing Matter - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-10-2013, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When recording in any mode, ie Full HD quality, or SD, or any other, the camcorder makes 2Gb files with the subset xxx, xxx-1, xxx-2 etc. So i.e. in full HD, every 11.xx minutes, the time depending on variable bit rate, a new file is created. This sounds ‘fine’, but when I download the files to my PC, and edit the ‘scene’ in my editing program, there is a ‘blip’ between the ‘clips’. This can create problems with audio sync the further on one goes especially on a long ‘scene’. What can be done about this.

Bearing in mind I did a lot of research before buying the camcorder…..

The deciding factor was on page 43 of the manual: A single scene can be recorded continuously for 12 hours; at that point, the camcorder will stop for about 3 seconds before resuming recording.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-10-2013, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 26
http://www.avsforum.com/t/863827/avchd-join-files#post_20468814 or go directly to http://avchdvideos.blogspot.com/p/joining-my-avchd-videos.html
post #3 of 5 Old 02-10-2013, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Many thanks Ungermann, looks good, I will first try a few samples and edit with Pinnacle Studio, and try and trim the ends of the clips and see how it goes with audio sync. I see one has to delete the last frame or two of each clip.

If this fails I will give your hint a try. Many thanks
post #4 of 5 Old 02-11-2013, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Mayall View Post

I will first try a few samples and edit with Pinnacle Studio, and try and trim the ends of the clips and see how it goes with audio sync. I see one has to delete the last frame or two of each clip.

If you're adding multiple clips from a continuous event side-by-side and then deleting any part of it, this will actually make the skips in between clips worse and will throw off any audio you might be syncing to the original audio.

The camera makes new files due to the file system limitation/not actually an issue with the camera. All of the AVCHD cameras are subjected to this.

Once you get used to joining files, it's not difficult, You can also use the freeware tsmuxer to join them.

There's a Pinnacle forum/should have the answer or ask:
http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/default.aspx
post #5 of 5 Old 02-12-2013, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you, I have downloaded those zip files, will give them a whirl when the opportunity arises. I am busy with the case with Canon SA here in SA, still waiting for a good answer from them. I have concerns with this whole AVCHD story, as there are video problems at the join as well depending on the content, if very busy then the camcorder battles to sync the video, sometimes two frames on the adjoining clip.......
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page