X-900M Burning to Blue Ray - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 03-02-2013, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

Is it possible to burn the X900M footage to a Blue Ray disc and view on a Blue Ray player. I have a new computer with a Blue Ray burner and I was wondering if this was possible.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-02-2013, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlotsp View Post

Hi all,

Is it possible to burn the X900M footage to a Blue Ray disc and view on a Blue Ray player. I have a new computer with a Blue Ray burner and I was wondering if this was possible.

Thanks!

Yes, it works very well. Are you asking how to do it?

Bill
post #3 of 15 Old 03-02-2013, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I would like to know how to do it since I now know that it can be done. Can I use the Panasonic software or do I need to use a different program?

Thanks again!
post #4 of 15 Old 03-02-2013, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

My version of the Panasonic software called "HDWriter" is a little older than yours, but it is a menu choice under "Copy to Media".

My personal preference is Adobe Premier Elements 11 because it does well with all AVCHD formats, the menu's make more sense and there are more creative opportunities with menus, transitions, effects, etc.

Both have menu choices to burn to Blu-Ray.

Bill
post #5 of 15 Old 03-11-2013, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Bill. Sorry for the late reply. I am unable to find my HD writer software since switching PCs. Adobe Premiere sounds like a good choice. I thought I heard that not all Blue Ray players will play the transfer. Is this true?
post #6 of 15 Old 03-11-2013, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

If you have lost the disk, it seems impossible to get a new one from Panasonic. Others have tried and failed. If getting HD Writer to run is not possible, my personal reccomendation is Adobe Premier Elements. Be sure to get version 11, as that is the one with full AVCHD support, including 1080p60. If you do have a lot of 1080p60, Premier Elements needs at least a medium strong computer.

"I heard that not all Blue Ray players will play the transfer. Is this true?". Yes. I have a Panasonic, Sony and Samsung BD players. They all have their quirks. If you are shopping for one, look had at the Panasonics. Part of their marketing play is to make it easy to play videos taken on Panasonic cameras. There is a slot in the front for your SD card. Take it directly from the camera to the BD player and run it with the remote. All three work well with Blu-Rays created by Premier Elements 11 burned on my laptop's Blu-Ray burner, even the 6 year old Panasonic.

Each of us has our own experiences. Many like the Sony software a lot. I tried it and may be the only person on earth that had trouble I couldn't fix. I switched to Adobe and have not looked back.

If you look in the lower left corner here, http://muvipix.com/pe11.php you will see a free 8 part video tutorial introduction to PrE11 buy Steve Grisetti. The same guy does a detailed tutorial for PrE11 here at, Lynda.com - PrE11.

One of the very good parts of HDWriter is how it can organize you video files. PrE11 comes with a program called "Organizer" that works very well at keeping your files in places you can find them. It will also automate the transfer of your videos from your card or camera, much like HDWriter.

But, please, make some backups before you take any of my advice.

Bill
post #7 of 15 Old 03-11-2013, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

"I heard that not all Blue Ray players will play the transfer. Is this true?". Yes. I have a Panasonic, Sony and Samsung BD players. They all have their quirks. If you are shopping for one, look had at the Panasonics. Part of their marketing play is to make it easy to play videos taken on Panasonic cameras.
My Panasonic DMP80 did not play 1080p60 off the HDC-SD600 despite the player being one year newer than the camera. The player would play this footage when repacked with tsMuxer. The Sony players like BDP185 and 390 have no issues with Panasonic's 1080p60.
post #8 of 15 Old 03-11-2013, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post

My Panasonic DMP80 did not play 1080p60 off the HDC-SD600 despite the player being one year newer than the camera. The player would play this footage when repacked with tsMuxer. The Sony players like BDP185 and 390 have no issues with Panasonic's 1080p60.

Did you try by inserting the sd card straight from the camera into the sd card slot of the bluray player, or did you make a data blu ray? My experience is sd-slot playing works with 108060p files on the newer Panasonic players.
post #9 of 15 Old 03-11-2013, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Power Director 11 will smart render AVCHD and AVCHD2 video from my X900M camera as a 60P1080 file. I then use external software such as PD9fix, TSMUXER and Roxio to burn to BR. Transitions, titles etc are of course rendered.

I use a 2 year old Samsung C5500 that will play 60P after a firmware update. A lot of older BR players can be made to go 60P after firmware upgrades.

Thus I can play the BRs with the original camera quality.

Eugene
post #10 of 15 Old 03-11-2013, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post

Quote:

Did you try by inserting the sd card straight from the camera into the sd card slot of the bluray player, or did you make a data blu ray? My experience is sd-slot playing works with 108060p files on the newer Panasonic players.
Quite the opposite. No success from the card, but successfully played MTS files repacked with tsMuxer and authored with MultiAVCHD burned onto either DVD or BD with AVCHD structure.
post #11 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks all for great information! If I use the HD writer or Premiere, can I burn to a blue ray disc using this software or do I need to obtain a different application for burning?
post #12 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlotsp View Post

Thanks all for great information! If I use the HD writer or Premiere, can I burn to a blue ray disc using this software or do I need to obtain a different application for burning?
I have Premier Elements 11 (not pro) and HDWriter 2.6 (that is a couple years old). I have a nearly brand new laptop with my first ever Blu-Ray burner and I can create Blu-Ray disks, AVCHD Disks and DVDs directly from within either editor. I do not own, have used or have any experience with any other application for burning Blu-Ray disks.

I haven't tried for awhile, but I recall that my version of HDWriter makes a 1080i file from a 1080p clip when it burns a Blu-Ray. I think that is because it is a Blu-Ray disk standard, but am not sure.

Premier Elements, by design, "transcodes", "renders" or "processes" (whatever word you want) everything it "Shares" or "Publishes". That's because it is assumed you have done significant editing ranging from simple trims to color grading and you have output targets ranging from YouTube to Blu-Ray.

If I don't want to do anything fun, fancy or creative my choice is HDWriter. It is quicker and, maybe, can preserve a little visible picture quality. Mostly, I use Premier Elements because it is so loaded with controls, tools and effects. For example, I just ordered a book that is going to teach me Premier Elements "tricks". The first one I'm going to use is creating a moving arrow across a map showing my route on a vacation travel video. HDWriter wouldn't even get close on that project.

Bill
post #13 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There is a guy named maverick 22 that found it to work on his Sony. Look at post 21 were he wrote "Just for kicks I tried that same DVD in my Sony blu ray player (same DVD that wouldn't play well in ps3), and it played great!".

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1462761/panasonic-t900-what-to-do-with-footage-now-software-blu-ray-vs-dvd-etc#post_23070923

Bill
post #14 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

Quote:

There is a guy named maverick 22 that found it to work on his Sony. Look at post 21 were he wrote "Just for kicks I tried that same DVD in my Sony blu ray player (same DVD that wouldn't play well in ps3), and it played great!".

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1462761/panasonic-t900-what-to-do-with-footage-now-software-blu-ray-vs-dvd-etc#post_23070923

Bill
Umm... This confirms my point, eh?
post #15 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Umm... This confirms my point, eh?
Yes, but he did not have to repack with tsMuxer, author with MultiAVCHD and burn onto either a DVD or BD with AVCHD structure.

He simply copied his .m2ts file from his TM900 to a disk and it played.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page