Panasonic T900--what to do with footage now (software, blu ray vs. dvd, etc)? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 03-13-2013, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I'm a retired "snowbird" devoting time to learning digital photography and videography. My Sony BD player is 1000 miles away for a few more days (which is why I can't tell you the model number). I think I remember that it played both .m2ts files copied to DVDs as data and AVCHD disks burned to DVD. My laptop with Blu-Ray burner new and I have not tested it yet. I never used it for that much because I am a committed fan of the WD TV Live method of viewing my stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 03-13-2013, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was reading some other threads related to blu ray burners, and some may think I'm crazy going that route. I just don't like counting on external hard drives. Feel like the hard drive could crash. I plugged one in a few months ago (one I hadn't touched for awhile), and my computer at first acted like it couldn't detect the drive.

Forgot what happened, but the files finally popped up. Scared me to death! Just feel more at peace knowing I'll have discs AND hard drives for back up.
post #33 of 35 Old 04-24-2013, 08:39 AM

i am new on this forum. i have a compatibility issue with 50p edited video playing on ps3 (i use powerdirector 11).
can you/someone please send me pd9fix file/s ? i cannot find anywhere! my mail address is crisroller@tin.it or tell me
where i can download it from? thank you very much
Cris
post #34 of 35 Old 04-26-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nove18it View Post

i am new on this forum. i have a compatibility issue with 50p edited video playing on ps3 (i use powerdirector 11).
can you/someone please send me pd9fix file/s ? i cannot find anywhere! my mail address is crisroller@tin.it or tell me
where i can download it from? thank you very much
Cris
I have authored all my Panasonic HDC-SD700 1080/50P footage with full Menu & Chapters
to non compliant Blu-ray BD Media and AVCHD DVD R/RW media with the free MultiAVCHD & ImgBurn applications.
The BD and AVCHD Media plays without any problems on my Sony PS3 and Samsung BD-C6900.

MultiAVCHD(free tool) will author non compliant 1080 50/60P Blu-ray or AVCHD discs.
Output can be burned with ImgBurn(free tool) to DVD R/RW or BD-R/RE discs for playback in AVCHD-ready players.
Before you use MultiAVCHD please note the following below:
The ouput video from Power Director 11 dose not contain standard header.
Therefore MultiAVCHD will abort. To fix this you can download a free trial version of VideoReDo H.264.
With VideoReDo H.264 all you need to do is input your PD11 *.m2ts output & write the output also as *.m2ts, which will generate the correct headers.
Video & Audio is out of sync if you use pd9fix .
post #35 of 35 Old 05-25-2013, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

So I finally got around to buying an external blu ray writer and a pack of Verbatim BD-R discs that were on sale.

However, I am unable to burn or record my videos onto bd-r discs using HD Writer AE 3.0. I will hook up the camera via USB cable, select "copy to disc", and it acknowledges I have a blank media disc installed as it shows that I have free space of 23.3 gb. I then click "Next" and get the following error message and the disc pops out:

"Disc that is not compatible with the BDMV standard is inserted.
Replace Disc or format with UDF2.6.
Note that when it is formated, the data on Disc will be deleted."

Any ideas on how to get BD-R discs to work with HD Writer? Even the lengthy HD Writer .pdf manual says that BD-R discs are compatible! This is becoming frustrating. I just want to save the original quality files from the camcorder onto a blu ray disc.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page