Wireless/Bluetooth other options for Sony PJ710/PJ760? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-16-2013, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking for any cheaper alternative to using a wireless/bluetooth microphone set for the
sony pj760 camcorder other than the ECM-HW2. That seems to be selling for about $150+

Is there another generic brand or something else I can use as a microphone or am I stuck with ECM-HW2 as my only option?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-13-2013, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I have the HW2 mic and yes it's a bit pricey but worth every penny.

This mic actually has 2-way communication built into it so the camera operator and the subject can talk to each other over the greater distances. This is nice to have when you're 100 feet away from each other... you don't have to yell.

It's not actually a surround mic but rather monophonic. What happens is that the on-board mic continues to operate producing surround sound while the audio for the center channel is REPLACED with what is coming from the HW2. The end result on playback is the ambient surround sound from immediately around the cam comes from your front/rear speakers and the everything from the HW2 is heard from the dialog (center) speaker. It makes for some pretty amazing surround sound.

The audio quality from the mic itself is pretty bloody good. The only downside is that it eats batteries. The mic takes a single AAA battery and you can kill one in about 1.5 hours
post #3 of 3 Old 04-17-2013, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Aye, I have come to the conclusion that an external mic is on the must purchase list for me too soon.
Thanks for the heads up on the HW2 and what it can do.

I suppose a handful of hi cap li-on (lithium ion) AAA rechargeable batteries would help with the power drain issues.
Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page