I can't find the thread about the audio glitches when combining 4GB sections from long shoots - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-19-2013, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Camcorders on long shoots make a series of 4GB clips that are later re-joined in the computer. Somewhere it was discussed that when combining those clips there can be a small audio drop out. In that discussion a solution was offered.

If tried looking at threads where memory says it might be and using the search function. So far, no luck.

Can you help me remember where it was discussed?

Thanks.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-19-2013, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 26
http://www.avsforum.com/t/863827/avchd-join-files
post #3 of 4 Old 03-19-2013, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Thanks. That thread goes a long ways back. The discussion I'm looking for was in the last month or two. Maybe three. Someone was recording sermons, speeches, lectures or something. Their NLE would skip a half second or so of audio when they combined the 4GB / 20 minute clips created by their camra. A solution or workaround was found.

The reason I'm looking (and please don't laugh Ungermann) is that on another forum devoted to Premier Elements a participant is having trouble with the same issue using footage from an FZ200. Before I suggest he try other software (Vegas?) I wanted to find the discussion that took place here.

Bill
post #4 of 4 Old 03-19-2013, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Vegas used to have the same issue. My current version is 11 and I haven't tried joining segments in Vegas for a long time. Current Vegas version is 12. So I don't know whether they have fixed the issue.

The link I gave you points to blog post with explanation of how to use the tools. I do not recall any newer threads that provided more/better info on the subject. I just use tsMuxer and if one hour in the audio drifts apart a bit, I just fix it in Vegas on the timeline by moving it a bit. It is easier for me than using a bunch of tools.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page