Canon Vixia HF G20 and Rode VideoMic issue...I think - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-02-2013, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased the G20 and was finally able to get the Rode VideoMic mounted on my homemade stabilizer rig. The VideoMic is also new. I'm not getting any sound when I connect the Videomic to the camcorder. When I turn on Audio Mix it shows sound coming through internal mic but nothing from Ext mic (Rode). My guess is I'm doing something wrong...like maybe a setting is off. I followed the directions in the camcorders owner manual about connecting an external mic....any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-02-2013, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Audio Mix is to mix both the internal mics along with external mic (Rode). Turn that off just so you can use just the Rode mic.

Also if you are listening to the audio in headphones, make sure the headphone jack is set to 'headphones' and not 'AV OUT'. Settings to change is in menu.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-05-2013, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This sounds dumb, but I recently got a Rhode Videomic off Ebay and I’ve caught myself testing it out on my HF S20 and forgetting to switch the damn thing on and being puzzled momentarily why there is no sound – you might check the battery while you’re at it LOL.

I haven’t recorded anything with it yet, but it seems to be exceedingly sensitive. My hand on the handle for the fluid head transmits through to it. I’m sure it takes some getting used to being more gentle to avoid unwanted noise and maybe now gives me some better understanding of keeping the mics completely off the cameras and on a pole.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page