SmartSound Quicktracks & SonicFire PRO Scoring Edition - adding professional music to your videos. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-10-2013, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I really like the Royalty Free feature set. It's a bit on the expensive side- but it really makes a difference. (Plus it keeps the Youtube copyright pita off your case.)

Anyone using SmartSound for their vids?

How is the integration of your chosen editing prgms? The Quicktracks are really simple to use- but SonicFire Pro is amazing.
I am at the point where I am seriously tempted to make the leap to Adobe Premiere just for this integration alone.
From what I see, you just export your vid. to Sonic Fire, score the section you are working on and then back to the main for final edit and you are off and running.

Any thoughts?

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-10-2013, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 92
"I am at the point where I am seriously tempted to make the leap to Adobe Premiere just for this integration alone."

Don't leap too fast. AFAIK, access to SmartSound, and other great tracks, works well through Vimeo's music store's connection to SmartSound. https://vimeo.com/musicstore

Pick the track, select the length, select a "style", give them $2.00 and download the track. With whatever NLE you use, it can be used once it is on your computer.

Bill
post #3 of 5 Old 04-11-2013, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

I hadn't realize individual tracks were offered for sale on Vimeo.
I like the extended features of the Smartsound library and have already invested in the SonicFire PRO Scoring Edition software as well as purchased a few single and multilayer Albums.

The multilayer tracks are really cool to play with. The timing / mood mapping to the video sequence you are working on is a big plus for me.
Right now I have to add up the minutes and seconds then save to a wav file and export that back into my video editor to match the sequence I am working on. A bit of a pain.
Adobe Premiere has a dedicated Smartsound plugin that eliminates this hassle. But cost wise I am not sure I can justify Premiere Pro for what I do. If I start generating revenue from my hobby then of course.

I find I really enjoy scoring the music as much as editing. Finding that right piece to go with the scene or changing the tracks to match the mood is neat.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-12-2013, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobAC View Post

....Adobe Premiere has a dedicated Smartsound plugin that eliminates this hassle. But cost wise I am not sure I can justify Premiere Pro for what I do. If I start generating revenue from my hobby then of course.
So does the $85 Premier Elements. I think it is the same plugin version.

Premier Elements also works well for the $2 SmartSound tracks from Vimeo. The Vimeo source allows some mood change selections and lets you select length in minutes and seconds. So I don't see a significant advantage to using Premier pro with SmartSounds $50 songs and $100 collections.

Bill
post #5 of 5 Old 04-17-2013, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately Premiere Elements is a step down from the pro features that I want and use in my current editor- so it's a no go for me.
I tried the demo and also the demo of PRO and no comparison- PRO has everything I need.
(Which is funny considering I only started producing videos a couple months ago and had no clue how to edit before then.)

I will get some more editing hours under my belt and then decide if I have outgrown my current prgms.
I contacted the manufacturers of my current editing suite and asked about better SonicFire PRO support.
We'll see what their response is.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page