How good would Canon G20/G25 be for travels/family use? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-21-2013, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Emopunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I was set to buy a Sony CX730 but it seems out of production these days. I then started looking at a G20/G25 for general use with family (we just were blessed with a newborn) and travels. Can you please advice wheter this camcorder would be good for such uses or if I'd better wait for G30 to be out.
I also have a SLT-A99 but I find it needs much preparation for filming and that doesn't fit that well with babies tongue.gif

Thanks for all your upcoming advices!
Emopunk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 04-21-2013, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bsprague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: On the Road
Posts: 2,883
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emopunk View Post

.....for general use with family (we just were blessed with a newborn) and travels.

The Sony GW77 is drop resistant, waterproof and dustproof. It takes great video and decent stills. It is compact.

For baby shots, it can be left in easy reach without fear of damage. You can take it to the beach. It is small enough to pack easily for travel.

If I didn't already have more cameras than makes sense, it would be first on my list.

(I'm not sure if the European model number is the same.)

Good luck raising the child. It is a heck of an adventure for sure!

Bill
bsprague is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 04-21-2013, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Emopunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

The Sony GW77 is drop resistant, waterproof and dustproof. It takes great video and decent stills. It is compact.

For baby shots, it can be left in easy reach without fear of damage. You can take it to the beach. It is small enough to pack easily for travel.

If I didn't already have more cameras than makes sense, it would be first on my list.

(I'm not sure if the European model number is the same.)

Good luck raising the child. It is a heck of an adventure for sure!

Bill

Thanks for the head up. I guesss it' this one, in Europe, right?

http://www.sony.it/product/cam-high-definition-on-memory-stick/hdr-gw55ve#tab
Emopunk is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 04-21-2013, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bsprague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: On the Road
Posts: 2,883
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emopunk View Post

Thanks for the head up. I guesss it' this one, in Europe, right?

http://www.sony.it/product/cam-high-definition-on-memory-stick/hdr-gw55ve#tab

Yes.
bsprague is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 04-21-2013, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Emopunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

Yes.

Thanks for your suggestions and expecially for this one: "Good luck raising the child. It is a heck of an adventure for sure!" ;-)
Emopunk is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 04-22-2013, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bsprague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: On the Road
Posts: 2,883
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
My three are all in their forties. The adventure continues!
bsprague is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Emopunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

My three are all in their forties. The adventure continues!

Then I really wish you and your family all the best!
Emopunk is offline  
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off